Tuesday, September 10, 2013

THE GREATEST SHOTS OF WOMEN WITH WEAPONS

I had a few hours to kill yesterday, so I hit up my local movie theater for a $5 showing of YOU'RE NEXT.  At 3:00pm on a Monday, I was the only person in the theater and one of only four people (including the concession stand boy and the ticket girl) in the entire building.  If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I spent the screening either dancing or singing as loud as possible to "Lookin' For The Magic" every time it came on.  I like watching movies a second time, and as much as I enjoy the theatrical experience, there's something exciting about being the only person in a theater.  For one thing, it allowed me to notice a lot of things that normally go unnoticed.  Knowing what was going to happen throughout the film, it gave me the opportunity to really examine what was on the screen.  I wrote about the female characters of the film already, but I failed to mention how incredibly bad-ass Sharni Vinson looks with a weapon in her hands.  It got me thinking, and there really isn't anything better than a woman with a weapon.  It doesn't matter if she's holding a weapon in defense or if she's the one about to do the killing, women and weapons always make for beautiful film scenes.  The more I thought about it, a large amount of my favorite horror movie stills (and promotional material) showcase women with weapons.  This is in no way a definitive list, it's just a compilation of my favorite images of women with weapons.
Sharni Vinson in YOU'RE NEXT

Sarah Butler and (unknown actress, rumored to be Demi Moore) in I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
Kathy Bates in MISERY
Cecile De France in HAUTE TENSION
Milla Jovovich in RESIDENT EVIL
Jocelin Donahue in HOUSE OF THE DEVIL
Linnea Quigley in HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS
Danielle Harris in HALLOWEEN 4
Emma Stone in ZOMBIELAND
Stefania Casini in SUSPIRIA

Jennifer Rubin in A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS
Kelli Maroney in NIGHT OF THE COMET
Kyra Schon in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Shelley Duvall in THE SHINING

4 comment(s):

Gene Phillips said...

I like the knife-wielding Toni Lawrence from DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING, aka PIGS. Dunno if her weapon-wielding image ever appeared in promo art tho.

SanguineBliss said...

All great photos but I do believe you left out the BEST ONE. Linda Hamilton in Terminator.

Anonymous said...

the actress in the original i spit on your grave is camille keaton

BJ Colangelo said...

@Anonymous-You are correct that Camille Keaton acted in the film, but she has said numerous times that she is not the model featured on the cover of the original film. It has been rumored to be Demi Moore, but it is NOT Camille Keaton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails