Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SCRE4M COMING TO DVD & BLU-RAY ON OCTOBER 4TH

As someone who has gone on record more than a few times to express resentment towards this series, I was actually quite pleased with the fourth installment of the franchise.  While the 2nd and 3rd installments left little to be excited over, the fourth one seemed to reach back into its roots and completely revitalized the series.  I had already seen the movie when this DVD arrived in my mailbox, so this will not be a film review.  However, there are some pretty neat special features that come along with the DVD that deserve mention.  Included:

  • The Making of Scream 4 featurette
  • Alternate Opening
  • Extended Ending
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • The Gag Reel
The Gag Reel is everything you could expect in a Gag Reel and the Alternate Opening/Extended Endings weren't bad by any means.  Depending on my mood, I could actually prefer the alternate opening.  For a fan of the series, it's definitely a must have.  I'd give a bit more opinion on the rest of the extras, but I'm not one for spoilers ;)

Scream 4 will be available on DVD and as a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack on October 4th, 2011 – just in time for Halloween! You can click here to pre-order it on Amazon.com. More information about the film is available on Scream-4.com

4 comment(s):

RobocopsSadSide said...

I'll agree and say this is the most fulfilling Scream film since the original. The second was meh with a few good moments and I completely despise part 3.

Can't wait to see the alternate stuff on the disc.

Vardulon said...

What, no commentary! Foiled!

Drunketh said...

Why you gotta be so hot!? Makin' me crazy n' shit.

Manic Minx said...

looks great, can't wait to watch it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails