Thursday, August 4, 2011

VAMPIRES I'D LET BITE ME

Now that Harry Potter has finished their film series, my news feed seems to have been taken over with statuses similar to (and possibly directly quoting) "NOW THAT HARRY IS OVER, IT'S TIME TO RBING BACK EDWARD CULLEN!!!" I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. I'm really, really not.  I don't know who had the bright idea to compare Harry Potter to Edward Cullen, because they're nowhere near on the same wavelength.  I digress.  I've been wanting to show these tween idiots what a REAL sexy vampire man looks like, and I think now is the perfect opportunity.
Eric Northman can draw my blood, any day.
TRUE BLOOD



I don't even need to be one of the children of the night to make music with Bela Lugosi
 DRACULA

David: The only person who ever made a mullet sexy.
THE LOST BOYS

I would do terrible things in the name of Jerry Dandridge
FRIGHT NIGHT



I remember when you started the fire in Chicago, Severen...it was between my loins.
NEAR DARK

Do...Want....I'll even let Lestat join the party. I'm feeling generous today.
INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE


but the motherload...
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbmmufxmor1qzvu53o1_500.gif 
Yeah...this should just be a crime. I need to go now. 
QUEEN OF THE DAMNED


Now,  everyone knows that BJ-C is a zombie lover before a vampire lover.  However, I'd be a lying fool if I didn't admit that the vampire genre has the sex appeal the zombie genre just can't capture in the same right.  There's something so attractive about the soft skin, strong cheekbones, pearly whites, and danger that come associated with a vampire.  I can't exactly pin-point why it is so intriguing, I'm a little distracted by the above picture.  How about you?  What vampires would you let bite you?

13 comment(s):

Birdie said...

Oh goodness. Have we forgotten about yummy Antonio Banderas?

Dr Blood said...

Easy choices for me:
1. Alice Cullen (Ashley Greene) from the Twilight films.
2. Marie (Anne Parillaud) from "Innocent Blood".
3. Carmilla Karnstein (Yutte Stensgaard) from "Lust for a Vampire".
4. Dracula's Bride (Monica Bellucci) from "Bram Stoker's Dracula".
5. Amanda (Judy Matheson) also from "Lust for a Vampire".
6. Frieda and Maria Gellhorn (Madeleine and Mary Collinson) from "Twins of Evil".

Christine Hadden said...

Agreed with all your choices, but think I'd be torn between Alexander Skarsgard and Stuart Townsend. (I don't care what people say about QOTD, he was a much hotter Lestat)

Two vamps better are than one anyway, right?

Sara said...

Yes. Just...Yes. Except for the mullet thing....Just can't get behind that one. *Discreetly wipes away delicate, feminine drool*

Andreas said...

Couldn't agree with you more: vampires are just sexy. Where to even start? I second every one you listed above, and would add...

William Marshall in BLACULA. He's one bad mother-sucker.

Christopher Walken in THE ADDICTION, where he's a Spanish vampire for some reason.

Christopher Lee in, um, any of those many movies where he played a sexy Dracula.

David Bowie in THE HUNGER. Even though he gets all corpse-y in that, he's still Bowie!

If we're talking female vampires, I'd also add Bowie's paramour in THE HUNGER, Catherine Deneuve, as well as Delphine Seyrig in DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS. Clearly, French lesbian vampires win all the time.

BJ-C said...

@Birdie-I haven't forgotten, but I didn't want to feature a bunch from the same movie. The entire cast of Interview with a Vampire could have been on here.

@Dr. Blood-As much as I hate Twatlight, you're right in thinking Ashley Greene is a fox. She is.

@Christine-I seriously watched that gif I posted for like five minutes before I could figure out what I was going to say. He's the only positive thing that came out of QOTD

@Sara-It was the 80's! We can't blame him!

@Andreas-I have a post on here somewhere where I talk about french lesbian vampires. I can't find it though!

Planet of Terror said...

Wuht? No Edward?! Lolzzzzzzz......

maggiemay said...

You forgot Henry Fitzroy (Blood Ties)
http://www.bloodtiescentral.com/btcpic/bloodties102_66.jpg

Judd Clarke said...

I'd totally let Jerry Dandridge bite me. And Spike.


On the less gay side of things, it would tiotally be Darla from Buffy. And naughty vampire Willow from The Doppelganger episode of Buffy. And vampire Barbara Shelley from Horror of Dracula.

Marvin the Macabre said...

What, no Frank Langela from the 1979 Dracula. I'm a straight male and I'm sayin' maybe.

But seriously, I second Ashley Greene and Monica Bellucci and raise you Julie Carmen from Fright Night Part 2, Jamie Gertz from The Lost Boys (and Hell, Jason Patrick too), and Alyssa Millano of Embrace of the Vampire.

But above all, my ultimate Vampire Lover is without a doubt the late, great Ingrid Pitt of The Vampire Lovers, Countess Dracula, and The House that Dripped Blood. I swear my pulse race every time she appears on screen.

ghostseeker said...

Good ones. But no really, Edward is my sparkly love king! Just kidding. The only way a sparkling vampire would be cool is if he were a bad ass drag queen, beeyatches!

BJ-C said...

@Judd-AH! I love Willow's doppelganger. I was praying during the "How I Met Your Mother" doppelganger episode that there would be some S&M Lily as a Buffy tribute. Alas, it didn't happen :(

@Marvin-Ooh. Frank Langela. *drools* good addition!

Shockgrubz said...

Only the kind that wouldn't turn me. I'd be sympathetic, but selfish at the same time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails