Friday, May 6, 2011

HAMMER FILMS PICK UP U.S. DISTRIBUTION FOR "THE WOMAN IN BLACK" STARRING DANIEL RADCLIFFE

Let me just get this out of the way before I continue on with the rest of this article. HARRY POTTER ZOMG. *drool* Look at that face, and that beautiful hair, and those gorgeous eyes, and he's so cute, and AHHHH! I'm sorry, a little bit of my HP fangirl leaked its way out of my fingertips just now and I was absolutely unable to control what was just typed into this box.  Now that we've settled my lust for the loins of one Daniel Radcliffe, I can get on with the news that is a bit more relevant than seat wetting.

The classic novel The Woman In Black which was later adapted into a stage play as well as a made for TV movie has been remade with the help of Hammer Films and Alliance films.  Originally set to be made in 3-D, it has been THANK GOD decided to be shot in 2-D.  The story follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), who is ordered to travel to a remote village and sort out a recently deceased client’s papers. As he works alone in the client’s isolated house, Kipps begins to uncover tragic secrets, his unease growing when he glimpses a mysterious woman dressed only in black. Receiving only silence from the locals, Kipps is forced to uncover the true identity of the Woman in Black on his own, leading to a desperate race against time when he discovers her true identity.—Hammer Film Production

Harry Potter fandom aside, this actually looks pretty damn good and Daniel Radcliffe has proven time and time again that he's a much more complex actor and can do far better than just Harry Potter films.

5 comment(s):

dr.morbius said...

Daniel Radcliffe has turned into a completely ADORABLE man. When I first saw his get-up for The Woman in Black, I thought: DAY-um! The movie itself looks like a proper Hammer movie, too, which rocks.

Mealy Monster Land said...

good to see "harry" in a different roll, looks super good.

Fefe said...

I can't wait to see this! Eeeeek! I love Dan Radcliffe!

joannapary said...

I'm so excited to see this! Cue my inner Harry Potter nerd. I'll be curious to see how he plays a completely different character. Thanks for posting the trailer!

Faycin A Croud said...

But wait! They coulda used Robert Pattinson! And he coulda sparkled! That would have been so kewl!
(ducks)

Related Posts with Thumbnails