Monday, April 11, 2011

BJ-C's HORROR ABC's!

Today's program was brought to you by reader like you, Thank-you!  I've gotten an overwhelming amount of emails and responses from people about the "twist ending" post I did last week, Oh, and it's also brought to Andre Dumas of The Horror Digest.  If you don't read The Horror Digest, you're wasting far too much time on my blog and not enough exploring the wonderous world of the horror blogosphere.  I don't want to give my homegirl a big head, so I guess I should note that this meme rightfully named the  Cinematic Alphabet  is the brainchild of Rupert Pupkin Speaks.  The rules are simple, write a film for every letter of the alphabet.  It's like pre-school all over again, but you get to pick what the letters stand for instead of settling for mundane examples like "apple" or "bat" or "catheter".  I've somehow managed not to repeat anything that Andre or Chris Hadden over at Fascination With Fear posted which trust me, was a hell of a lot harder than it looks.  Enjoy!

A is for Alice, Sweet Alice
B is for The Beyond
C is for The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
D is for Dracula's Daughter
E is for Eraserhead
F is for Freaks
G is for Ginger Snaps
H is for Happy Birthday To Me
I is for I Walked With A Zombie
J is for Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter
K is for Kingdom of the Spiders
L is for Last House On The Left
M is for Monkey Shines
N is for Near Dark
O is for Opera
P is for Pathogen
Q is for Queen of Blood
R is for Return of the Living Dead
S is for Splinter
T is for Theater of Blood
U is for The Uninvited
V is for Village of the Damned
W is for When A Stranger Calls
Don't you dare try to tell me this isn't horrifying.
X is for Xanadu
Y is for You'll Find Out
Z is for Zombie Strippers

5 comment(s):

Chris Hewson said...

Wow, what a list, it's not everyday when Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari make it on the same list together!

Christine Hadden said...

Awesome list. Though that Kingdom of the Spiders pic made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Love that you have Theater of Blood, Eraserhead, and Splinter on there.
And I was thisclose to having Opera on mine. Must have sensed somehow that you'd be using it...

Thanks for the link back, too :)

Jenny Krueger said...

Zombie strippers, that's awesome. Great list! :)

M. Hufstader said...

1. I love this list. I have to check out Near Dark and Zombie Strippers just for those pictures now.

2. You've proven yourself to be exceptionally badass, and I awarded you with the "Versatile Blogger Award." Come pick it up at my blog!

Dean Treadway said...

Terrific list, and shot selection. There's a lot here that I still need to see! Thanks for the wise recommendations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails