Friday, March 25, 2011

HORROR MOVIES: THE MUSICAL!

I'm not dead, I promise.  As many of you know, I'm currently studying Theatre with an emphasis on Acting while I'm away at university.  I'm currently Assistant Stage Managing the musical on campus this semester and the vigorous rehearsal schedule has taken away any of my time that could be spent blogging.  Unfortunately, this means that my life has been completely overtaken by show tunes in place of zombie groans and screaming women.  To combine the two things that overtake my world, I present to you some of the greatest triumphs in Musical Theatre history dedicated to horror.
CARRIE: THE MUSICAL
 
 REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN: THE MUSICAL!
CANNIBAL! THE MUSICAL

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
JEKYLL AND HYDE
SWEENEY TODD: 
THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET
EVIL DEAD: THE MUSICAL
BAT BOY: THE MUSICAL
 
THRILL ME: 
THE LEOPOLD AND LOEB STORY
 
And let us not forget some of the lesser known musicals like
The Texas Chainsaw Musical
The Fly: An Opera
Giant Killer Shark: The Musical
The Toxic Avenger: The Musical
and 
Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Don't forget--Human Centipede: The Musical (a youtube video parody) and Cannibal! The Musical.

Anonymous said...

Op! Just kidding. You got Cannibal. Good call.

HUMAN CENTIPEDE THE MUSICAL PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLagIYMHVE

Related Posts with Thumbnails