Saturday, December 25, 2010

On A More Personal Note:

First and foremost, Happy Christmas (to those who celebrate) to all of you that have stuck around through my awkward and spastic postings the past few months.  I feel that I haven't been upfront with you all and thought you at least deserved to know what's been going on.

As most of you know, I was forced to withdraw from university last year for a sleep disorder that required treatment.  It was extremely hard on me and definitely put things into perspective.  Taking a semester off in the American collegiate environment these days is quite costly and I really needed to take this semester back to concentrate on my school work and getting my life back on track.  Unfortunately since this is more of a side-gig, DotW suffered tremendously.  For some strange reason, I maintained a relatively high readership, even with my postings being lower than ever.  It is for that reason, that this post is being written.

I want to thank everyone for sticking around through my time of crisis, and apologize for keeping so tight-lip about this situation until now.  HOWEVER (this is a big however) I am coming with good news.  Thanks to the insufferable Kristy Jett of The Blood Sprayer (and just about everything else),  she has inspired me to go back to what makes me happiest, and get back into the swing of writing.

Day of the Woman and the horror blogosphere has been my lifeline for the past two years.  I will admit, that this semester I was contemplating shutting down DotW for good, because I wasn't sure if I could maintain it.  I now know, that I need DotW just as much as it needs me. I love all of you, Womanizers and you've honestly been my sanity.

On that note, Happy Holidays, and I will see you tomorrow
Peace, Love, and BRAAAAAINS
~BJ-C

12 comment(s):

Mr. Johnny Sandman said...

Glad to see that you are trying to get things sorted out. I wish you the best of luck with everything!!!! Also, if you shut down DotW... I will nuke my blog as well and probably make impossible to ever register the URL again. ;)

Michael Williams said...

Thank you for not shutting down your blog; I discovered it recently and it has quickly become a favorite.

on another note, I fell ill last spring with a chronic sickness and started blogging (at http://michealwilliamsfallrisk.blogspot.com/)as a way to keep friends and family informed. It also helped me settle things in my own mind turned out to be a good source of support me me. I started my other blog last month because I found that I like to write and there are lots of other things I would like to communicate about other than my CIDP. What I am taking a long time to say is writers such as yourself are a source of inspiration.

Once again, thank you for not shutting down Day of the Woman.

Janie said...

You sure are hard on yourself! Don't forget DotW is read not only by the small horror blogging community but also by more casual horror fans who check in now and again to see what you have to say. As long as you can keep things ticking over, please don't break yourself trying to be the best of the best every day of the week. Give us great writing and comment when it suits YOU. We'll be here to read it because we're interested in what you think, not because it's about a current new release. Wishing you a restful holiday, from a fellow insomniac, horror fangirl x

gord said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and sticking around. Even a sporadic fix of sassy horror writing is better than nothing.

Mycah said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and I've been reading tons of your old posts and really enjoying the good reads. I was completely unaware that anything was out of the ordinary, but I really am glad to hear you will be posting more since I just found out about this place :) Good luck with everything and look forward to new posts!

Zach S. said...

glad to see you're back in the swing of things. you were severely missed.

dfordoom said...

Good to see you back!

Mike Snoonian said...

Good to see you're back up and running close to full tilt. Your thoughts on Black Swan got me out of the house to catch it and I was blown away.

M. Hufstader said...

I just happened to stumble upon this blog...so I'm glad I didn't stumble upon one that you'd shut down! As a woman writing an action movie blog...I definitely get the being a minority in a male-oriented genre. Keep it up! We need more female voices in the rough and tumble side of the film world.

Monster Scholar said...

I agree with Janie. As an academic juggling classes, papers and teaching it's hard to crank out posts on a regular basis. Let us know what you think on a schedule that is best for you. We cherish them just the same. ;)

Gene Phillips said...

I don't post often but I am a consistent lurker. You're always one of my top three people to check out in Curt Purcell's bloglist! One of these days I'll get round to putting you in my own list...

Abretokia said...

Your site and "Facination with Fear" are my goto for a remedy against boredom. I am glad to hear you are sticking around. I look forward to reading and learning from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails