Thursday, November 4, 2010

SCOTT KENEMORE: ZOMBIE AUTHOR EXTRAORDINAIRE (A COME ON FEEL THA ILLINOIZ FEATURE)

I've had the opportunity a few times to actually sit down and have some face time with Scott Kenemore, but I will be brutally honest and confess that on both occasions...I never did.  I'll be honest, I had no idea who he was at the time and felt like a total moron that I hadn't prepared properly.  At the time, I hadn't read his books yet, so I'd have absolutely nothing to ask him.  I know, great horror enthusiast, right?  So on those two days, I creepily eyed his table (he's cute too) plastered with zombie books and held my breath hoping he didn't wave me over.  Anyway, I did have a wonderful email dropped into my box a while back from Scott Kenemore asking if I'd check out his book.  He's a Chicago native and the author of some of the most well recognizable zombie books on the planet, so of course I agreed.  I was quickly sent a copy of The Art of Zombie Warfare: How To Kick Ass Like The Walking Dead, and I never freaking read it.  Thanks to a college schedule and the inability to make time for everything, it sat on my book shelf for about 5 months.  In that five month time span, Kenemore cranked out another book.  This time, he's created a fierce novel entitled Zombie, Ohio.  I was sent another email asking if I'd promote it and that's when I suddenly remembered that I needed to read his other book.  I know, I suck.

Anyway, I finally DID get around to reading not just the book he sent me but also The Zen of Zombie: Better Living Through the Undead (2007) Z.E.O, (2009), and The Code of the Zombie Pirate (2010).  Sometimes being a total goon that reads constantly has its perks.  I digress.  All of his books have a quirky charm and Kenemore obviously knows his shit when it comes to the walking dead.  Not only does he have a sharp tongue for zombie culture, but his books are entertainingly addictive.  The four books are written like a "how-to" guide inspired by zombies, while his forthcoming in February of 2011 is a novel.  I've obviously not been able to read Zombie, Ohio yet, but the first four have impressed me enough that I know I'll get my hands on his novel as soon as I have the money. 


You can track down any and ALL of his books on Amazon, Borders, or at Barnes & Noble.  If you're feeling anxious, you can pre-order Zombie, Ohio HERE <--(click that to pre-order)

0 comment(s):

Related Posts with Thumbnails