Tuesday, November 9, 2010

RANDOM RAMBLINGS FROM BJ-C

As always, the concept behind Random Ramblings has been completely and 100% ripped off from Brian Solomon of The Vault of Horror.

Rumor has it, the brilliant mind behind the novel Let The Right One In has nabbed himself another movie deal.  His novel after LTROI (which spawned the best horror movie of the new millennium as well as one of the best horror movie remakes in existence) is a zombie tale titled Handling the Undead.  It was written in 2005 but was finally translated into English in 2009.  A Swedish movie is in the works and if it ends up anyway similar to its sister film, we're going to be in for an absolutely astonishing zombie film.  Keep it up, Lindqvist.

After what seems like FOREVER, there's FINALLY going to be a Silent Hill sequel.  I wasn't as hardcore into the games as most horror freaks (I never was one to have gaming consoles) but I absolutely loved the film.  Michael J. Bassett has been announced as director for it and it's been said to be filmed in 3-D.  I'm not so sure how I feel about the 3-D thing, but if it's Silent Hill, I'm in.  It doesn't seem like it's going to continue the story of Rose and her darling daughter, but it will be picking up with Heather Mason and her father of Silent Hill 3 (video game) notoriety. 

This should honestly go without saying, but I'm officially a Walking Dead-Head.  AMC may sometimes slip when it comes to showing quality films (I'm looking at you Thir13en Ghosts), but if there's one thing they know how to do, it's make a damn good television series. I finally caught up on Breaking Bad, it takes some major skill to turn Poppa Malcom In the Middle into such a badass. As much as I love my precious Mad Men, I think TWD may take over AMC's television popularity contest.  Now it's just a matter of seeing if the Emmy's will actually appreciate the masterpiece that is The Walking Dead or if they will shun it because it has to do with flesh devouring zombies.  My guess is that they'll look past it, but that's nothing new.

I've finally found a film to give me the willies.  Australian horror flick Lake Mungo is officially the most unsettling film I've seen in the past five or so years.  I'm not saying that Lake Mungo is a film that is going to make you pee your pants in fear or hide behind a bucket of extra buttery popcorn that you didn't want to pay for but you felt pressured by the cute girl behind the counter to buy it, but it is surely a film that sticks with you for days after.  Filmed much like an episode of Dateline, Lake Mungo is a film that left me with goosebumps and my jaw firmly attached to the floor.  It's a slow burn, but well worth the results.  



Word of advice to anyone who is incredibly dedicated to their Halloween costume and also incredibly dedicated to drinking at parties...DO NOT USE ACRYLIC PAINT ON YOUR BODY UNLESS YOU CAN GET IT OFF EASILY!  My God.  Halloween was a fabulous night, but when it's 3am and all you want to do is sleep but you can't because you're covered in cheap Wal-Mart costume makeup and acrylic paint and you have to have someone be of assistance in order to wash it off your skin before you ruin all of your bedsheets, it reaaaaaally puts a damper on things. Not to mention, if you're making your own mask, make sure it's easily removable so you don't spend your night drinking out of a straw. Not that I know from experience or anything...

4 comment(s):

Monster Scholar said...

Great ramblings. I will check out Lake Mungo and let you know my thughts on it. I'm a sucker for anything that resembles real crime drama a la 20/20

Rick "The Hat" Bman said...

Yeah, the trailer for Lake Mungo looks pretty damn creepy. It looks like it is on Netfix Instant watch so I may have to check it out.

jhr76 said...

I´m guessing you never read the "The Walking Dead" comic if you are raving about the show. I was really excited when I heard they were turning it into a series, and even more so after seeing the first images, and I was still excited after having watched the first episode, but all of that changed after episode 2. It was complete fiction, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the comic, it introduces new characters and situations and also changes the story and location of some of the comic´s characters. I was hoping they would return to following the comic´s story by episode 3, but they didn´t, they continued to make crap up. If they continue down this path this will only be AMC´s The Walking Dead, not Robert Kirkman´s. Oh, and zombies climbing a 6 feet high fence, really?

The Curious Cat said...

Haven't been to see you in ages! See there is ALOT to catch up on...Seen Walking Dead though and loved it - I'm terrified of zombies but someone talked me into it - glad he did it was v good! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails