Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PERSONAL RAMBLINGS FROM THE MIDWEST MISTRESS OF MACABRE

As always, this was completely ripped off of Brian Solomon over at The Vault of Horror

Now that I'm back at school, I've been thinking that I'd have so much more free time to blog and such.  Boy, was I wrong.  I'm apologizing immensely for being so M.I.A. I'll make you a cake or something, or pretend you're the favorite child.  Whatever makes it easier for you to sleep at night.

I have been watching tons of horror movies lately with my dear friends who are NOT horror buffs.  So far, we've made the non horror kids witness Silent Hill, Fido, The Midnight Meat Train, and The Descent.  I will be doing a bigger write up on such experiences in the near future.  Not promising a date though, because deadlines and I do NOT get along.

Speaking of, I get sick pleasure watching 20 something year old men cover their eyes when scary movies are on.

Today I saw the trailer on public cable for Let Me In.  After seeing how excited everyone seems to be at my University for it, I've made it my personal goal to make sure everyone I care about sees the original one before the remake comes out.  3 down, 2 to go.

I finally picked out my Halloween costume! My friend Hutch, who helped me create the infamous chainsaw arm from last year has offered his services to help me make the mask for my Silent Hill nurse costume.  Obviously, my non horror buff buddies inspired me to do so as I watched them cringe as the dancing women started slicing and dicing one another and twitching at the light.  It has to happen. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.

I'm a little up in the air on what I think about the casting decision of John Cusak as Edgar Allen Poe.   Part of me is extremely excited, but that could potentially be due to the fact I'm a Cusak fangirl and even sat through Must Love Dogs just to see him...

My last is a bit of a shameless plug.  I'm doing a charity event through my University's Marching Band in order to help raise money for the ALS fund.  ALS is better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease and I'm really hoping to help take a stand and raise some fundage for it.  Unlike other sites who are asking for money for their own selfish reasons, I'm doing this to help others.  So, help me help others and if you can't donate...at least spread the word of the cause. For more information, go to this link!

2 comment(s):

Pax Romano said...

You have a friend named, "Hutch". I am still digesting that fact. OK, so whatever you do don't ever date an acting student named "Guy" - and for cripes sake, if you do date him, and subsequently marry him, do not get friendly with your neighbors (that charmingly eccentric older couple).

Sorry, that just had to be said ;)

Spike Ghost said...

I love Let The Right One In. But from Bloody disgusting this one would be even better than LTRON. at first i was angry about this, but now i need to see Let me In.

Related Posts with Thumbnails