Monday, August 30, 2010

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE FOR HALLOWEEN? THE QUESTION THAT WILL INEVITABLY BE MY DESTRUCTION

As I trickle my way back to the lovely Macomb, IL campus, I've already been bombarded with numerous requests of movie recommendations and my opinions on certain films.  While my course load as well as my  extra-curricular activities have been bearing their ugly little heads and filling up my schedule quickly, my mind has been drifting to quite possibly the most difficult question anyone could ask me.  What in the devil am I going to be for Halloween?  Last year I put up a vote between two costumes that ended up failing as costume companies think it's impossible for someone to have huge boobs but not the huge waistline to match it.  After about three hours of stumbling through costume guides while drowning my sorrows over cold Spaghetti-os straight out of the can, I came across the tutorial on how to make an Army of Darkness inspired chainsaw arm.  I immediately fell in love and spared no time in shelling out the forty bucks it took to obtain all the materials it called for.

An evening with one of my best friends filled with power tools, red spray paint, and funny movies, lead to the creation of the greatest Halloween costume I've ever worn.  Most of my collegiate buddies had no idea who I was, but the ones who did know, were in absolute awe.  I even walked into an unfamiliar party and was photographed with a girl who said "YOU'RE A SEXY ASH?! I MUST TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU" I was on absolute cloud nine the entire evening, and the fact the chainsaw arm doubled as a purse didn't hurt either.

So, what do I do now?  I had full intentions on being a sexy version of Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass (I'm in college, it's a prerequisite to have a sexy costume), but the only one that would fit me is way out of my budget.  I hate doing cliche "I'm a cop, I'm a cat, I'm a slut with a nametag" costumes, and I almost ALWAYS have to make my own just to fit my proportions.  I'm expected to have an amazing costume after last year, and the fact my site and reputation as "the horror girl" has EXPLODED within my college has inspired just about everyone who knows my name to ask me what I'm going to be.  I want something sexy but scary.  I want something recognizable but not cliche.  I want something I can make myself but doesn't look stupid.  I just want the perfect idea to fall out of the sky and into my hands.  If someone out there could make that happen, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank God final exams aren't this stressful.

12 comment(s):

Bobby Bless said...

I'm debating on either Toad from Super Mario Bros. or Jerry O'Connell's penis (with a Piranha attached) from Piranha 3D.

JennyB said...

I saw that there's a costume of Alice from Alice and Wonderland but it's a dark version of Alice where she's really a killer. Not really scary but it fits the dark category

Big Daddy D-Bone said...

If you're comfortable in leather you can rig up a female Sex Machine (Tom Savini in From Dusk Till Dawn) costume pretty easily, one would imagine. Granted, it's a little more obscure than Ash, but you'd look damn sexy. Of course the only issue would be trying to rig a couple of metallic gun looking apparatuses to your top shelf lady parts. But you do that, grab an Indiana Jonesesque whip, and boom, you're a sex machine.

John said...

I really like the idea of creating a "Sexy ___" costume that's something that really shouldn't even be possible to make "sexy."

My vote's for "Sexy Beekeeper." I'm seeing a sort of safari-hat with netting sort of setup with as little else as possible, but all in beekeeper-beige. The rest of the costume would be covering yourself in horrible bee-stings.

If you want to accessorize, maybe a silver-painted watering can with a cut off spout to use as a smoker.

"Sexy-yeti" is also something I've been trying to work out in my head. Maybe a basic gorilla costume with the legs cut off and replaced with fishnets... and some sort of cleavage allowance probably... and either no mask or a faceless hairy-hood sort of thing...

Emily said...

I'm either going as dead Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks, 80's Cher or Agent Scully from the X Files. I wish I could make my mind up.

Anonymous said...

These suggestions probably suck, but hopefully point you in the right direction...

Female Jack Burton (a bit out there, but when else can you spout his kick ass lines?). Bonus points if one of your friends has green eyes.

The Witch from Doghouse. Pretty sexy I guess (or maybe I'm just weird). Dress all in black, get an eye patch, a BIG ASS sword... there ya go! Plus you'd be ahead of the curve, seeing how it hasn't been legitimately released in the States yet.

While not necessarily sexy (unless you're twisted and like that kinda stuff), going as GRACE would be kinda neat. The bloody rubber gloves, some wrapped up meat (hopefully fake, as parties can get stifling hot), a blood filled baby bottle (taped on flies for the win!), and a doll baby.

Like I said, these suggestions suck. I'll shut up now.

Chris

JennyB said...

I just gave you the zombie rabbit award! http://memoirsofascreamqueen.blogspot.com/2010/08/zombie-rabbit-award-yay.html

Mr. Johnny Sandman said...

You should go as what you think the Blair Witch actually looks like.

The Halloween Blues said...

Go as Bella The Vampire Slayer and walk around with Edward's head and Jacobs fur skin like a cape.

Sorry, I'm half awake, I'm sure I'll realize what a terrible idea that is when I wake up.

PS...make sure the head is bedazzled with glittery jewels

The Fiji Mermaid said...

I happen to stumble across your blog after seeing something about it on the Strange Kids Club site. The blog is great, I'm a big horror fan so it's great to read what other fans have to say.

I hope you don't mind but I added a link to your blog from mine. http://sideshowcinema.blogspot.com

Tommy Salami said...

It will be hard to beat Sexy Ash.

Erin said...

you did the chainsaw arm, so why not the grindhouse leg? http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/planetterrorDM_468x447.jpg

Related Posts with Thumbnails