Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THE NEW I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE POSTER DOESN'T SUCK!

Next to Let Me In, the remake that I'm most anticipating is the Anchor Bay remake of I Spit On Your Grave. Unless you missed the huge rump staring you right in the face the second you got to the site, it isn't surprising that I have a tad bit of an obsession with the film (*cough*DOTW*cough*). When it was first announced that it was going to be remade, my heart died a little bit inside. One of the most influential films of my existence was going to get bitten by the remake bug. The trailer looked awful and the original one-sheet was a downright abomination. I first saw this released over on Bloody-Disgusting and I have to say that my little body was twittering in delight. This newly updated poster is a complete homage to its inspiration, and even includes quite possibly my favorite part of the entire poster. The line that says DAY OF THE WOMAN. One of the reasons a few other horror authors even gave me any slight inch of respect is because I named my blog after the "forgotten" title of ISOYG. The fact this poster uses it as a way to introduce when the film is going to open, absolutely blows my mind. This has given me a smidgen of hope that it just maybe, won't suck.

8 comment(s):

Pax Romano said...

Though you will notice the butt on this poster looks a bit more toned than the original...because god forbid we have a woman with any extra meat on her bones these days.

Nicholas said...

Bloody Disgusting and Dread Central have both given it a pretty good review so my head is up on this one.

BJ-C said...

@Pax-Her thighs don't touch either. However, I'm letting it slide simply because I know that today's marketers are assholes. :)

Matt-suzaka said...

Todd Brown over at Twitch gave it a review that was actually very promising...mostly because he was slightly offended by the movie. If anything, that is the most promising review one can write for a remake of an exploitation film. It's an interesting and worthwhile read...

http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/07/fantasia-2010-i-spit-on-your-grave-review.php

Rabid Fox said...

I have yet to see the original, though visiting this blog this year has definitely made me aware that I should.

If nothing else, I may get to see this remake which looks promising. Fingers crossed.

B-Sol said...

Could it be that all the remake backlash is causing these goons to start taking a little more care as to *how* they remake these cult faves (ie. Let Me In and this one)? Maybe. I still wish they'd leave them alone, but if it has to be done, it's better that it be done well.

Ashlee said...

The poster is pretty awesome. A nice blend of old school meeting the new.

And I think that's what's missing from most remakes nowadays.

Spike Ghost said...

At first i didn't like this poster, but after seeing the previous one, this one is a masterpiece compared to it XD

But really the only thing bothering me is the major wedgie she has.

Related Posts with Thumbnails