Thursday, July 1, 2010

MY TOP 10 WILLY INDUCING MOMENT

Oh yeah, I absolutely and completely ripped this off of Andre Dumas over at The Horror Digest. However, she left that post open ended with a "what's yours?" which means it's clearly acceptable to do one of my own. Everyone has certain things that make their skin crawl and their hair stand on end. These are 10 moments in horror films that have made me run to sleep in bed with my Mommy, or cause my knees to sit up a little bit higher when it hits the screen.

*********

10) THAT GOD DAMN BAG: Audition
I can't even begin to tell you how high I jumped when that damn bag moved the first time I saw Audition. I know it scares most people, but for some reason...I yelped something fierce.


09) SHUT UP LINDA!!: Evil Dead
I hate creepy laughter. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. If I'm ever in a dark room and I hear that manic laughter, there's a good chance I will flip shit and run as fast as I can towards the exit.


08)THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU: Carrie
It wasn't even so much that she was wreaking havok on the prom as it was the vocal overlaps from her mother, teachers, and classmates that did it in for me.


07)CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE: Opera
Argento is a sick puppy, you know that? Everyone knows that I'm a major wimp when it comes to any form of eye trauma, so this entire scene gives me the heebie jeebies and makes my hair stand on end.


06)SPILL YOUR GUTS: City of the Living Dead
Fulci isn't far behind when it comes to being truly demented in the head. COTLD has plenty of death scenes to make me feel uneasy, but the most famous is still the one that gets me.


05)THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS: The Children
I'm a sucker for killer kids. I love children to the point of no return and when I see them turning on people...I can't handle it. I really can't. This one has a scene in particular involving a sled and a gardening tool. Jesus. H. Macy.


04)BUT...I THREW THAT...WAIT...: The Changeling
The real kicker in this one for me is obviously the ghost in the water, but this scene comes awfully close in making my heart skip a few beats.


03)EVERYTHING FLOATS DOWN HERE: Stephen King's "IT"
I hate clowns. HATE. Clowns. That's all that needs to be said.


02)IT'S A KIDS SHOW...WTF: Are you Afraid of the Dark
I don't care that it isn't a movie, and I don't care that it isn't all that scary. When I was a little kid, I was absolutely FLOORED by this television show, but that opening sequence gave me nightmares. I can't explain why, but it did. Even to this day the sound of the theme song triggers the slightest bit of fear within me. Make fun of me all you want, I know.


01)I'LL JUST BE DIRTY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE KTHNX: Psycho
Of course the granddaddy of all horrifying death scenes had to top this list. There's a genuinely horrifying thought about showering in places other than my home. I still check shower curtains and lock doors in hotels...just in case.

15 comment(s):

Andre said...

Fabulous! I can't believe I never thought of Opera when thinking longly of your eye trauma fear! These are nice, I was SO going to put the Changeling ball scene on mine too but I got sidetracked with leaving out something from The Exorcist. Love it! And you can rip me off anytime ; ) And yes I wanted you to! hehe

Emily C said...

I totally agree on the opening to Are You Afraid of the Dark?- that combination of the music and the creaky shutters and swings....the stuff of nightmares, especially when watching it as a kid!

stonerphonic said...

my 3 most frightening willy inducing moments -

3. That Sarah Palin nearly become president of a country that has both nuclear power & 3 boys on death row in West Memphis for a crime they didn't commit. That thought frightened the shit outta me, more than any fiction Argento can throw at me.

2. That Sarah Palin DIDN'T become president. With George Dubya gone, there's nowhere near enuff humor in government in the US now. The rest of us out here in the free world now have very little to laugh at apart from the US health system screw ups & economic crisis. That's def a very frightening thought, and stops me sleeping at night...

1. Twighlight movies. Nuff said...

Morgan said...

All of these scenes did give me the willies! Love the "Are You Afraid of the Dark" intro. That into and the "Unsolved Mysteries" intro almost made me piss myself when I watched them as a child.

Emily said...

Clowns clowns clowns. All you really need is the quick closeup of one and you get a squeal from me. My personal williest moment with them? Clownhouse, as the young protagonist bends down to tie his shoe and slowly sees huge floppy ones facing his toes. He looks up, the clown makes a sad face, and the boy turns as the clown sprints after him. Gah!

Planet of Terror said...

The shower scene in Psycho still gets to me. So wonderfully shot. Just caught Psycho 1-3 on Cinemax, er I mean Skinemax. Nursing a hangover today. Now execuse me while I go vomit again....

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

Eye trauma, dental trauma, bugs, enclosed spaces. Yuck!

willy jerk-off said...

Who is that gorgeous little girl?, why is she crying?, i`d love to cheer her up by showing her my "WILLY" and then perhaps shoving it up her lovely little bum.

Kristi Dorson said...

Nice list! Definite willy-inducing moments on here. You inspired me to create my own list! It's here: http://sepulchrestudios.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-top-10-willy-inducing-moments.html

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

Dahling, this Willy Jerk Off pedophile gives me the willies. Am I perhaps being dense and missing a joke?

willy jerk-off said...

My dear Tempest that ludicrous word "pedophile" is only in use in our society because we are living in such a hideous time of lies, hypocrisy and sexual repression, with-in a few years the word will no longer have any resonance or meaning because by then the buggering of gorgeous sexy little girls will have become compulsory (thank goodness) and "the time of sexual repression" will be finally and thankfully over. By the way, i`d love to unload a massive wad of spunk into that gorgeous little girls mouth as well as up her incredible little arse, what a little darlin` she is.

houseofmirthandmovies.com said...

Can't disagree on Audition. So many scnees in that film made me gasp or look away in terror and I NEVER look away. I think I was grasping my mouth for fear I'd scream bloody murder during the final torture scene.

Aurora Hylton said...

Willy is a troll, Tempy. Don't feed it.

willy jerk-off said...

Aurora, whether i`m a "troll" or not has no bearing what-so-ever on the fact that i represent the future, dont run and hide in the past Aurora "the time of sexual repression" is almost over.

Fred [The Wolf] said...

Great list! We share the same IT one. Damn Pennywise. EVIL DEAD, while creepy, actually makes me giggle. Ash's frustration with Demon Linda cracks me up. And can't go wrong with PSYCHO. Great choices.

Here's mine: http://www.fullmoonreviews.net/2010/07/fmrs-top-10-willy-inducing-moments.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails