Saturday, July 24, 2010

THE FIRST EVER HORROR BLOGGER'S MEME!

My "blogfather" (insert Italian hands here) Pax Romano of Billy Loves Stu is quite the stand up guy.  He's so stand-up in fact, that he's created quite potentially the greatest thing this side of the horror blogosphere.  That is, he's created The First Ever Billy Loves Stu Meme for Horror Bloggers. The reasoning for it is as follows:

"a Meme for horror bloggers to complete so that the next time someone stumbles across the electronic journal of a burgeoning Pauline Kael, or Stephen King-wanna-be; the reader might get a better idea of where this bloody blogger is coming from."



1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:
 A safe haven for offbeat horror fans to intermingle.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
                                            A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
                                            B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
                                            C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
                                            D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
                                            E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
                                            F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
                                            G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
                                            H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999) 
 While I may have been born in 1990 during the Self Referential/Post Modern Era, this isn't to say that my expertise lies solely within that era.  I was lucky enough to have parents who raised me on everything from the Classic Horror Era, to the Slasher Era.
                                    
3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
                                           (gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
                                           A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
                                           (straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
                                           B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?
As much as Tommy Ross has a labyrinth of golden locks, Billy Nolan has pouty lips I would want all over me.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?
I would create a psychological torture film based roughly on George Orwell's 1984 and William Golding's Lord of the Flies.  Set in a distopian society with a female protagonist who manages to figure out away to defeat those trying to control the thoughts of others, the money would go towards effects without using CGI, and the best cast of no-names in existence. 

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?
Hellraiser.  I hate Hellraiser more than any other franchise, even Saw.  Cenobites are the absolute epitome of a let down.  They may be horrifically awesome creatures, but they need the assistance of a teenage girl?  Come on, now...you're demons from hell!  Since when do you have "rules"?

6:  Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?
Yes. Yes he is.

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?
As much as I adore the Frankenstein Monster and Dracula, The Wolf Man has always given me the creeps.  I'm not very good with wild animals in the dark, and a manimal makes me even less uneasy.  

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:
The boat ride in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has scarred me for life.  Roald Dahl was a really demented man, and Gene Wilder is a brilliantly horrific actor.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch.  What do you bring?
The biography of Rose Hovick, a cell phone for Blanche, and copious amounts of liquor.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging?  Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul. 
I'm currently a Theatre; Acting and English Literature major.  I love to write, and I love to see my written work available for the public...but I cannot lie and say I don't have big dreams of becoming a Scream Queen. 

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?
Probably a quilt. I'm a sewing machine fiend.

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?
I'm pretty sure the Clover would cry in a corner if Godzilla ever stepped foot in his neck of the woods.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?
I would create a video blog consisting of some brilliant fucking Mark Twain Shit thanking him for the Firefly family, congratulating him on getting to bone Sheri Moon, and begging him to leave classic films alone.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?
The Godfather, Star Wars, Batman, and My Cousin Vinny are in a tie.  I can't choose.
15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?
Pageant training, baton twirling, singing, acting, and writing plays that will never see the light of day.

4 comment(s):

Pax Romano said...

Excellent answers, thanks for playing, my dear.

I am in awe of your answer for the film you'd make - brilliant, brilliant idea!

michelle said...

totally the boat ride for me too. Gives me the willies! (haw haw haw!)

Trick or Treat Pete said...

very cool answers!
Dreaded Dreams
Petunia Scareum

Stewart Sternberg said...

A fun list. I like your response regarding Lord of the Flies and 1984. You should write the book first. The female protag, watching the world around her deteriorate into savagery as mind control robs people of personal responsibility and civility sounds pretty compelling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails