Thursday, May 6, 2010

SOMETHING I'M ACTUALLY EXCITED FOR ABOUT TWILIGHT!


How awkward is that going to look as a movie? Oh man, I can just imagine the brooding Jacob plotting his baby raping. Bahahahaha. Screw your spoiler alerts. In case you were wondering, that's actually what happens in the final book. I had to read the garbage before I hated on it, but that's what happens. He literally "imprints" his love with Edward and Bella's baby. Yes, the ripped wolf-man of the CGI pack...falls in love...with. a. baby. First Stephanie Meyer sets back feminism 100 years, and now she makes pedophilia look sexy. I gotta say that's a tough thing to tackle...and she did it. Kudos?





Twatlight sucks.

10 comment(s):

s.isaac said...

I came across your blog on BD, and its fucking fantastic!

As for twatlight, all I can say is I am happy about the fact there will be NO more as of November 18th, 2011.. Thank god..
Though we'll have to gear up for the next trilogy of crap, as I'm sure they'll find some other way to rape beloved characters like werewolves and vampires.

Robin Eduardo said...

But it is this shit that actually keeps me reading the Twilight Saga! I can't help but to pick it apart and wonder what in the world was going on in Ms. Meyer's head as she wrote this. It is obvious that she didn't intend for her story to be about what it actually is, and what I find interesting about it is the fact that all of the young girls and their mothers who swoon over the story and characters don't get it either! I appreciate Meyer's success and do not intend to badmouth her as a writer. But the psychology of the whole thing helps me to understand a little better why rape, domestic violence, and self loathing are still so prevalent in today's society when it is romanticized in media. So many women confuse love and abuse, indeed they even find it an acceptable option if the explanation is worded just the right way. It is one thing to forgive and move forward in a positive direction, but another to not even realize what is going on. That is where the danger lies.

June1944 said...

So is this more or less fucked up than the pedo predator relationship in Let the Right One In, where Eli is several times older than Oskar but simply appears to be a young teen.

Simon said...

I'm gonna see whichever movie that happens in. It just looks...amazing to behold.

BJ-C said...

OH, it's just as creepy and messed up. However, LTROI doesn't market themselves as a movie for tweens to look up to and idolize their love story after, they advertise it as an intelligently creepy film. That's the difference.

Emily said...

Well not to stereotype Mormons, but isn't it somewhat normal to marry the ladies off at young ages? I guess it all makes sense in that regard!

Jess said...

It is creepy, and as a former Mormon, I must clear that up. Only the creepy polygamists do that shit. Mormons did it back in the day before Utah became a state.

Emily said...

Gotcha Jess. I probably based my blanket statement on the SHerlock Holmes novel about Mormons I read years ago.

I guess what the proposal thing says does feed into my OTHER generalization about extremely religious young people getting married so young, that it has a sort of "we can't have sex til we're married, so let's just get married now!" ulterior motive to it.

Lady Ash Mistress of the Night said...

You've actually read the entire series?! I couldn't even read through the first 100 pages of the first book before screaming over how bloody awful it was! The writing is garbage and the characters are absolutely unlikable.

A friend of mine brought up the theory that a lot of teenage girls consider Bella a role model is because they could relate to her because they themselves were outsiders and full of angst. Of course my argument is that there's more positive role models than the blandest protagonist in literary history.

I will admit that I do like the Sookie Stackhouse aka True Blood series. It's no literary masterpiece but it's an entertaining read and I feel it has something that Twatlight lacks, a strong and likable main character!

Lady Ash Mistress of the Night said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails