Monday, May 31, 2010

ILLINOIS: MORE THAN THE LAND OF JOHN HUGHES FILMS

It's a well known fact that LA is the land of movies and NYC is the world of the stage, but what about everything in between? Ladies and gentlemen, my home state of Illinois is a breeding ground for all things cinema and even all things horror. For the next week, I will be doing features having to do with the grand ol' state of Illinois, and the glorious city of Chicago. I'll be talking about everything from movies filmed here, to fictional places set here, to people who got their start here, and of course the fabulous family of Horror Society. I'm going to give you a firsthand look at why Illinois isn't just farmland and small towns. Midwest, represent.

4 comment(s):

The Mike said...

As a resident of Illinois Lite, aka Iowa, I'm down for this. :)

Rob said...

"For the next week, I will be doing features having to do with the grand ol' state of Illinois, and the glorious city of Chicago..."
Chicago scares me(traffic, big buildings and super-agressive gay guys),but as a life-long resident of Shermer, Illinois, I'm TOTALLY looking forward to the results!
It won't be all about Chucky, will it?

JLG said...

Great idea. The Sufjan album peaked my interest right away. One of the best albums of all time.

Can't wait for your first Illinois post, as I'm a chicagoan myself. I actually just found out that Field of Dreams was originally going to be filmed by my house, but then they moved it to Indiana. Bummer.

Soap Magic said...

OMG, Sufjan! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails