Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE TRANSIENT: THE REAL VAMPIRE ABRAHAM LINCOLN STORY.

The same guy who did Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has cranked out a new book, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. While most of the horror world is ecstatic by such a fabulous idea and cannot believe how brilliant the author is for thinking of this, I'm left completely unimpressed. This isn't to say I don't think the idea of Abraham Lincoln and vampires is bad, I've just seen it before. I'll most likely buy the book and place it along the likes of Seth Grahame-Smith's other masterpiece and my recently picked up copy of Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters, but I am not going to bow to him and act like he's just created the Holy Grail of all horror and history parodies. Yes, I have seen vampires and Abraham Lincoln in the same place before. No, I didn't see someone reading Twatlight outside the Lincoln museum. I'm being dead serious. Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, let me enlighten you.

Cradle of Love was secretly about this love affair. Abe is like what? 400?

The Transient is an 80's action movie about a homeless vigilante and his caseworker, Steve, as they try and stop Vampire Abraham Lincoln from sucking the blood of four score and seven virgins. Written and directed by Chris Lukeman, The Transient is an action/comedy/horror flick about a vampire honest Abe. In 25 minutes you're given Billy Idol, vampire Lincoln, a homeless hero, hilarious one-liners, and Timmy the Zombie. It's super low-budget, filmed in a college town, and obviously not without faults. However, it's very very original and a hell of a laugh. Some of the youtube commentators have gone on to say "best film I've seen on this site". If it's on youtube, you know it's the truth. If you have the 25 minutes, give it a watch, you'll AT LEAST be entertained. Michael Krebs is the absolutely flawless vampire Abe and he should be, he's a professional Abraham Lincoln performer. He's even the guy playing Lincoln in the promotional video for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Talk about typecasting.

The 25-minute short film is available for FREE by clicking here.
Can't get enough Vampire Abe? Check out their site
http://www.killvampirelincoln.com/

3 comment(s):

todd said...

He didn't write Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. Ben H. Winters did. Same publisher though.

BJ-C said...

Ah! Yu're right! Thankyou for that.

Cinema Suicide said...

I can't believe that people are still going nuts for these Quirk Books mashups. I agree that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was kind of funny, but Quirk hauled ass to make it all they do. They sent me the sequel, and I was going to publish a "review" of it that was nothing more than a picture of a guy beating a dead horse. I found this sweet animated gif. It would have been funny. But I opted not to write about it at all.

However, I will agree, The Transient is totally awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails