Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TOYS R US: A FUNHOUSE OF HORROR

As a child, one of the things I took the most pride in was the fact my parents always got me toys that represented the things I enjoyed. I had little stuffed Jack Skellingtons, Batman action figures, and even horrifying rag dolls that only I would ever love. With today's society being so weird about violence and making everything "age appropriate" I began to fear that children would never be able to experience the fun of having their own stuffed Frankenstein or Wolfman action figure. Today, two of my very close horror enthusiast, life long friends went to Toys R Us to wreak havoc. Not only did riding child scooters and playing every instrument in the store commence, but we also found some toys that even the youngest boils and ghouls could enjoy.
Hey look! You can give your kid a REAL vampire to idolize
Show your children the side effects of not following directions by throwing one of these dandies in their Easter basket!
How about a friendly reminder about the rules of Halloween?One of these things is not like the other...
Yes, that is a Nightmare on Elm Street 4 doll. NOES 4?! Who even watches that?! Who loves it enough to make an action figure?!Who you gonna call?! Who cares. It's a freaking slimer that you can keep.You can even have your very own RE zombie and RE zombie dog! A little morbid, but still awesome.Or your own Licker! Which really crank my nerves.
...but of course Twatlight ruins everything good.



7 comment(s):

Erin said...

HAHAHAHA your face in the last picture!

Mike Lippert said...

That Ice-T figure is off the chain.

CSY said...

LOVE the NOES figure! I'm thinking I need to go toy shopping for my 4 yr old neice!

John W. Morehead said...

Thanks for this post. I had no idea Toys 'R Us even carried such things. Previously I've tried Hot Topic and Spencer's Gifts. Other than that it's the Internet at places like Entertainment Earth. BTW, given the intimate connection between horror and sex, if I may, the toys look great, and so do you ladies. The tongue pic rocks! Thanks again.

Jay Amabile said...

is it inappropriate to say that I am big fan of your tongue? lol

Seamus Stimpson said...

two things, one, and fist off, I love this page. Found it when I was looking for pictures from Dr. Phibes and one of the larger, more iconic ones, came from here. Anyway, the other is, do they have a plush of the trick'r'treat little guy out? I want one!

anyway, keep it up and consider yourself linked at daysrunaway.
-Seamus

Christopher Zenga said...

I need that slimer bank!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails