Sunday, March 14, 2010

DotW SALUTES: AWKWARD SCREAMING IN HORROR FILMS

Last night, my boyfriend and his parents wanted to experience the cinematic disaster that is Twilight & New Moon. After being raped in the eyes by Stephanie Meyer's sparkly vampire wet dream review, we made our MST3K style commentary and tried to rationalize sitting through the complete insult to filmmakig. One of our biggest comments is Bella's uncontrollable screaming while she sleeps. If you haven't seen the film, just imagine the screaming that occurs during childbirth coming from Kristen Stewart's seizuring body in ugly pajamas. That's basically the best interpretation of her nightmares without the virgin stalker extrordinaire in her life. Or..just watch this film. Note: this screaming fit occurs about 100 times in the movie.


Which of course got me thinking...there is A LOT of unnecessary screaming and awkard phrases being screamed in horror films. From girls screaming at the top of their lungs for something that isn't all that horrifying, to girls that CAN'T scream without sounding like a moron, and people who yell the most random phrases throughout the movie and we instantly use it as our favorite quotes. So today, I salute you awkward screaming. Thankyou for bringing us joy.


THE WICKER MAN (remake)
I really don't know how it got burned...but thank you for screaming in my face.

TROLL 2
The best part is the random fly on your forehead.


THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
Okay, so Heather screamed like a banshee for most of the film. I wanted to post the "you lost the map" scene but YouTube has had a stick up their ass lately about embedding, I can't show you that. I CAN show you her screaming like some exotic bird in the zoo at the end of the film however.

GHOULIES 2
This is why I check before I squat.
1408
Apparently...he was out.

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
Yes, this may in fact be one of the most quotable movie lines in history...but you can't help but laugh when he screams at her. It's freaking hysterical.

SAW VI
Maybe this makes me a sicko, it most likely does...but her scream just made me laugh. The stuff they scream makes it better. The arguments they make are just great.
YOU LOOK AT ME WHILE YOU'RE KILLING ME!

THE WICKER MAN (remake)
NOT THE BEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
I know that there is a kajillion more but youtube HATES me. If you find more just send the link in the comments and I'll throw it on up!

4 comment(s):

Cheesemeister said...

I have to admit that I scream like my toast was burnt if something crawls out of my toilet. But that does happen fairly often in the Netherworld.

Mike Lippert said...

I always thought of Bella's New Moon screaming to be like a heroin addict in the middle of detox.

John said...

Speaking of Twilight and MST3K, have you seen the first Twilight with Rifftrax accompaniment? It's absolutely great.

James R said...

I've heard about this "not the bees" scene before, but never seen it until now. I really have missed something special with the Wicker Man remake, haven't I?

Related Posts with Thumbnails