Friday, February 26, 2010

AN EPIPHANY: HONESTY WITH MY FEELINGS WITH THE HORROR BLOGOSPHERE



I wanted to stay out of this whole thing, I really did. However, I've found that as of late, people are a little unsure of where I stand. The twitter messages and FB chat convos are getting a little out of hand, and I really need to set a few things straight.


Pretty-Scary: Most people are under the impression that I hate Heidi Martinuzzi of Pretty-Scary because she shit talked the Ms. Horror Blogosphere competition which I proudly state I won. Do I hate her? Hell no. I admire the woman like there is no tomorrow. Do I hate how she approached the contest? Yes. Yes I do. Do I respect the hell out of her for stating her mind and not apologizing for it? Yes. Yes I do. I may have been a bit peeved during MHB but now that I look back at it, I was being ridiculously hypocritical. See, here's the thing that's driving me nuts. Everyone seems to LOVE shit talking Heidi because she will outright personally call someone out on something she doesn't approve of. Is that a little harsh? Maybe, but she's not the only person who does it. How come no one has noticed that whenever she talks poorly about something that EVERYONE talks about her personally and sometimes even threatens to physically harm her? Seriously? So she doesn't like you. It happens. Don't go about thanking people for speaking their mind but when someone else speaks their mind but doesn't agree with you...suddenly they're wrong. That's hypocritical. Stop it.

The Rondo Awards: Am I mad I didn't get a nomination? No. So please stop asking me if I am. My blog just turned a year old and I don't talk about classic horror, so I'm not upset. Am I mad with some of the nominations? Yes. I am. Honestly, the Rondos are the "legit" awards, the only awards that IMO count for anything in this blogosphere and a TON of amazing blogs were overlooked. It disappointed me. I'm also really not okay with the fact that such young blogs got in for nominations. That isn't to say I don't enjoy their blogs or I think they're bad people, I just don't think they deserve it. I think its wrong to put in a new blog that has a cool gimmick or one that hasn't been updated in two months over someone who updates more frequently, has been around longer, and actually discusses what the Rondos are all about. Kudos for getting in, but unfortunately my vote went to someone I feel truly epitomizes what the horror genre is all about.

B-D's Blog Awards: I only advertised for this once, and I checked the polls the day before, and I was only 2% behind the top 3 people. Considering how hard people pandered for this contest, I'm damn proud of myself. When it comes to these awards...that's all you SHOULD care about is yourself and not any one else. So no offense, but I don't really care who won. It was an award where anyone could be nominated and anyone could win and anyone could vote...yeah. Doesn't hold much water to me.
Mr. Horror Blogosphere 'O9: Chuck...you've got some balls man. This blogosphere was just in a downright UPROAR over awards and you're cranking out this one. I have mad respect for you for willingly putting yourself in this line of fire. I honestly don't think its going to cause as much confrontation as the other one, but kudos to you man. I'll definitely be voting, after all...I'm pretty sure a ceremonial slow dance to "Blue Moon" with me is in order for whoever is crowned.



Hopefully I didn't offend anyone, if at all. I just honestly was tired of replying to the same things about 100 times.

peace, love, & brains :D

6 comment(s):

Chuck Conry said...

Let me just say I got a group of young lads ready to be in this thing that are going to look just marvelous in a tux standing next to you for photos ;)

I'm sure some folks are going to hate it, after all we can't please everyone. But, if I can help these guys get some new readers then it's all well worth it.

Thanks again for the nice words here, I appreciate it. :)

Sarah from Scare Sarah said...

Well said.

And I'm well excited about Chuck's Mr Horror Blogosphere! ;)

ZOMBIE HAYES said...

I think all the contests and awards are just for fun anyway. Not sure how anyone can take them too seriously. And as Chuck stated, if it helps spread the word about some cool blogs that some folks might have never known about otherwise, then it is all well worth it!

Matt-suzaka said...

Hmmm...well said, but you still didn't answer my question. Ass to mouth, okay during a shower?

Cheesemeister said...

Heidi has never dissed me, probably because I'm too far under the radar for anyone to dis. But I will speak my piece and say that I think the bitch is full of herself! I thought that Ms. Horror Blogosphere was a great way to find out about some real talent. I didn't see it as sexist at all.

Superheidi said...

"Heidi has never dissed me, probably because I'm too far under the radar for anyone to dis. But I will speak my piece and say that I think the bitch is full of herself! I thought that Ms. Horror Blogosphere was a great way to find out about some real talent. I didn't see it as sexist at all."

Don't worry Cheesemeister! I'll start dissing you too!

PS I rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails