Friday, January 29, 2010

WOMEN IN HORROR MONTH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER...

I won't lie to you, this picture is just an edited one I took of myself after my shower. The makeup, is in fact what came off in the shower and smeared all over my face. Any female who wears waterproof makeup looks the exact same way after it :) Anyway, Women in Horror Month is next month and DotW FINALLY has something to do. I actually have three things!
As voted on by you, you've voted for me to expose my "sorority belonging to, high fashion wearing, department store makeup only rockin, yet will drink you under the table", best friends to horror films. Yes, as much as I'd love to say I only hang out with equally as horror nerdy females...I only talk to them through the interwebz. My friends are in fact the dreaded prom queens, sorority girls, cheerleaders even...and I'm going to lock them in a room with myself and a horror movie of my choice. Whenever women on the internet give there opinions on horror films, they tend to be people like myself, you know...nerds. However, what about the opinions of the women who would trade in a shitty Nicholas Sparks adaptation or something starring Anne Hathaway over Bruce Campbell and buckets of blood? Well...WE'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT!

Tied with the first option is "What if ____ was a woman?" The idea was given to me a while back by B-Sol @ The Vault of Horror. Basically, I'm going to take a beloved horror character that is a man, and I'm going to tell you what it would be like if he was actually a woman. Some of the entries will be serious, but some will mostly be parodied and very stereotypical...because that's fun :D
So I know all of you have seen this picture many times, but what you may not know is that this look was created with makeup I got from Walmart. Not even costume makeup. It's all normal makeup :D Eyeshadows and the sorts. While it may have lost the poll, I was asked personally by a few female horror bloggers to still do this, so I figured...what the hell! Let's do it!

4 comment(s):

Rhonny Reaper said...

YAY!!!!! you have o idea how excited I am about the make-up tutorials :)

John said...

I read a post once suggesting the use of April Fool's Day to ease non-horror friends into the realm of 80s slashers and such. Since none of the main characters really get hurt (as I recall, it's been a while), and all that.

Although going with a horror pick that's just loads of undeniable fun would probably be at least as good. Can't wait to hear how this goes...

kfbrostowitz said...

Yessssssssss I voted for tutorials, even thought I KNEW it wouldn't win. lol I love doing monster makeup, and I do it with regular makeup too! :) I can't wait to see what you create.

Kid Sis said...

Ha! Can't wait!

Related Posts with Thumbnails