Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lady Gaga: Pop Idol or Horrific Genius?

(I'm not neglecting you, my computer hates me. I'm getting it fixed when I get back to school tomorrow)
I admit proudly that I'm OBSESSED with Lady Gaga. She's by far the most interesting performer in a long while, her songs are catchy as hell, and if you haven't seen her piano work YOU SHOULD, because she's a flipping genius. While she may be an exploding pop/club/gay community sensation, she's also horrifying and creepy. Inspired by The Divemistress' fantabulous post about her "Paparazzi" video, I've decided to showcase some of Lady Gaga's most horrific moments

I want your psycho...If the nurses in Silent Hill liked black...She likes them skinny.Attack of the 50 Foot Fame Monster!Big Bird + Saw + Christmas Wreath = This
Hi, I'm Max...ITS RUMPUS TIME!I think this is what Kings of Leon meant when they said "Your Sex Is On Fire" I mean, I use razorblades to make my sunglasses tooCarrie...OF THE FUTURE!Argentino would have been so touched.I still can't figure out how the hell she walked in that.It may not be King Kong...but Kanye is a big enough douchebag to be a monster stealing a blonde.Note there are fang marks...Edward Cullen, you are NOT the father.Linnea Quigley...watch your back babe.







20 comment(s):

Matt-suzaka said...

Nope. I liked her better when her name was Bjork and she could sing and brought something new and creative musically to the world. I'll give her credit for her creative stage presence and it is cool that she seems to be influenced by horror, but I can't overlook auto tunes. Sorry...don't hate me.

Cheesemeister said...

I am a huge fan of all things campy, so yes, I do like Lady Gaga. However, that shot with the fake blood on her stomach looks like she had a really bad feminine protection malfunction.

Cheesemeister said...

I'm also disturbed about what a randy old beeyatch I ended up feeling like watching that Paparazzi video when she was making out with those 3 cute Swedish dudes...who are young enough to be my sons. I'm not normally that cougar-ish so I blame her for the fact that for a few unglorious moments of my life, I was thinking like a complete pervert.

Sarah from Scare Sarah said...

She is effing awesome.

Evilmonster said...

she scares me! that is it, though i would invite her to dinner...

Pax Romano said...

I think her performances are genius...her music, not so much. It's just cold and soul less. I know she's got a good voice, it would be nice to hear it unfettered by all the over production.

All in all, not impressed (I guess they'll take away my gay card).

B-Sol said...

She has become a real guilty pleasure for me. Naturally, her image is brilliant, but her music is also somehow infectious. Disposable fluff to be sure, but something catchy about it. She's clearly the next Madonna.

Planet of Terror said...

I still think she's hiding a penis.

NMRaymond said...

I am a huge Lady Gaga fan, her music is highly infectious. I once only said some of the lyrics of her song Bad Romance and immediately the entire song was in my head.

The Divemistress said...

Fantastic pics.

Say what you want about the woman's music, she knows what she's doing.

Michelle said...

I read the entertainment magazine article about her, and she compared herself to Andy Warhol. Andy wanted to be counter cultural and reduce art to factory production peices.
As most culuters highly value the expression art provides for conveying difficult emotions and complexities. Everyone OOoood and Aaahhhhd over his goal. If your doing something that everyone else doesn't want to do you certianly are one of a kind.
Case in point Kermit the frog outfit.
She has been a song writer for other artists for years. I'd imagine baring her soul in songs for other vocals. Its not that she is inccapable of true art. She is choosing not to participate in selling that part of herself. Just going to enjoy the performance, and shock value she creates. Fun to hear everyones opinion of her.

T.L Bugg said...

The answer to the titular question is neither. She's much more style than substance, and while I am quite impressed with her piano playing, she's far from being as talented a performer as Tori Amos or Bjork. I'm sure her album will win awards, but so did Avatar and it still sucks.

badgerdaddy said...

In the image with the caption "Big Bird + Saw + Christmas Wreath = This", what the fuck is that standing next to her? That is possibly the ugliest creature I've ever seen. I;m not one to rip the piss out of people because of looks, but I'm not even sure of its gender.

Rhonny Reaper said...

oh how I love her...:)

Davey C. said...

badgerdaddy, that's Perez Hilton.

Christopher Zenga said...

She is the new Marilyn Manson, I don't care for her music but she will continue to draw crowds so long as she brigs the circus. And for what it's worth, in an age of Ashlee Simpsons, Taylor swift's and Aj and Ashley's it's nice to see someone bringing something a little different to the scene.

Later days,

Christopher Zenga

Sean said...

I will never understand the appeal of Lady Gaga, but I will never try and sway someones interest in her work. Everyone has different tastes, so if she's reaching a certain audience, then she's doing her job.

badgerdaddy said...

Thanks Davey C. I've heard the name, but I'm not familiar with Perez Hilton. Just going by his (?) mug and his jacket, that's probably something to celebrate.

Kristi Nommensen Dorson said...

I'm a new GaGa convert, and I'm in LURVE. It was the Bad Romance video that got me.

hannah said...

LADY GAGA KICKS ASS SO TO ALL YOU HATERS JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! she is awesome and you guys should stop trying to be like her

Related Posts with Thumbnails