Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010: Get Excited

January: DAYBREAKERS
I came, I saw, I kicked its ass. The one film that I've been freaking out about for months finally came out and I made it my goal to see it on opening night. The fact I saw it on a date with my new zombie boyfriend was just a perk :) The film was everything I wanted it to be and the exploding head was just the cherry on top of a perfect theatre experience.
February: SHUTTER ISLAND
Scorsese. Freaking. Horror. Film. Thriller schmiller, this is a horror film and everyone knows it. I've earned a new respect for Leo DiCaprio and the fact he's going to be in a horror film made by Motherfrenching Scorsese. Words do not describe my excitement.
March: ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Alice has been one of my favorite Disney movies for as long as I can Boldremember. It was one of the trippiest films I've ever witnessed and that was with old school cartooning. The fact that the master of weird and trippy is taking this film and making it live-action ads an amount of excitement I cannot even contain. You have to admit, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is PERFECTION.
April: MONSTERPALOOZA
*see image above*

MAY: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
Okay, so it comes out on the 30th of April, but I know myself well enough to know I won't see it until May...so don't judge me! The original is what instilled my mother's love affair with the genre so it holds a very special place in this household. I love Jackie Earl Haley and I think he will make a fantastically horrifying Freddy
JUNE: ECLIPSE
I know, weird right? I'm super excited for this because it gives me a ton of new ammo of Twatlight bashing. I've basically milked the first two films dry with parody and hate posting...I need some new fuel to the fire. The fact it's going to undoubtedly be a summer smash is ridiculously exciting because I'll get plenty of opportunities to hate on it without having to worry about doing homework.
JULY: PREDATORS
Honestly, I have to tell you why I'm excited for this? Okay, well...the cast is star studded so the acting will be legit, and its not AVP.
AUGUST: THE OLD MAN & HIS DOG
The people who brought my favorite horror short of the year; Chemical 12-D (and the hilarious necrophilia short KY) are set to release their second horror short this month. You know how you make investments when the businesses just start out and then they blow up and you feel awesome because you were smart and knew they were going to be something amazing? This is my film investment. I really think these kids are going to do something in the future and I'm glad to know I invested way back when
SEPTEMBER: THE ROOMMATE
This film is going to be absolutely god awful and I can't wait. I personally have had TWO roomamtes from hell and I plan on sitting back, eating popcorn, and laughing at the big foreheaded chick from Gossip Girl who sings with Cobra Starship run like an idiot around a 8x8 dorm room.
OCTOBER: FLASHBACK WEEKEND
NOVEMBER: DEXTER
The show will have already been on, but around this time I should actually be caught up on all the episodes and obsessed. It's a good thing.
DECEMBER:
THIS MEANS THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW HAS NOT BEEN RE-MADE
Good god you have no idea how excited I am to hear that this ISN'T happening. Now if we can only convince MTV to axe their DOTD idea...

7 comment(s):

kfbrostowitz said...

February, March and May... AHHHHH I'm so excited.

James C. Sugrue said...

Alice in Wonderland is by far the most visually impressive trailer that I've seen in quite some time. It's quite unfortunate that also has the most annoying characters I have ever seen. I didn't think that I could possibly hate Helena Bonham Carter any more than I already did, but that was before they decided to turn her into a midget clown. Even Johnny Depp, who I can normally tolerate in films without Bonham Carter, just looks like the retarded love child of Carrot Top and Cesare Romero's Joker.

I'll pass.

David said...

I just nominated you for a blogger award as I love your writing :)

Found your site via Twitter

Planet of Terror said...

Glad your on the Dexter gravy train. The books are pretty stellar too. I'm ridiculously obssessed with this show.

the jaded viewer said...

Looking forward to Predators...Fishburne plays a survivor on the Predator world!

Andre said...

Oh my god I just had a panic attack when I saw TWATLIGHT. Thank goodness it was a false alarm.

Rabid Fox said...

Is it just me, or does that single still shot of The Roommate immediately conjure in everyone's mind a sad, 21st century, MTV rip-off of Single White Female?

Related Posts with Thumbnails