Thursday, December 3, 2009

WOMAN OF THE WEEK: THE WOMEN OF MS. HORROR BLOGOSPHERE


When I first started Day of the Woman last February, I was expecting to have to fight very hard to find myself not only read, but respected. It has now been 10 months and I've never been more proud of a decision I've made than I am with starting this blog. This blog has become not just a hobby or an outlet for creative expression; it's become so much more than that. Day of the Woman has become a lifestyle and the people I have "met" along the way are some of the greatest people I've ever known. When life has me down and I feel as if I truly don't belong anywhere, I know that I have a family within the horror blogging community.


There are people who understand the butterflies that overcome you when Horrorblips.com tweets your latest post. There are people who can sympathize when someone attacks you via comments over confusing a simple part of your entry. There are people who will tell me they know how it feels when you've swamped your head for hours but just can't find anything to write about. There are people who would proudly walk the streets dressed like zombies with you when the rest of your "IRL" friends would most likely act like they don't know you. These people are the few, the proud, the horror bloggers.


This past week or so has bombarded the horror world with female bloggers, and I would just like to say I'm very glad that we've done this. B-Sol of The Vault of Horror put together this friendly competition to not only motivate us to shamelessly promote ourselves and our sister bloggers, but to draw light to a group of people that has been (in my opinion) overlooked. The female horror blogger community is a group of women that I feel are some of the most intellectual, hilarious, and passionate people the horror world may ever know. I've never "met" a group of more caring, considerate, and downright amazing people to associate with. We come from all over the globe, and yet the obsession with one little genre has brought us all together in a way I've never experienced before.

I am writing this Woman of the Week to thank each and every female horror blogger for giving me a place to belong, and for doing what you do. You are all truly idols and role models to young girls all across the planet. Thankyou for showing me that it's perfectly okay to like to wear dresses and corsets, and laugh hysterically when people get decapitated on screen. Thankyou for letting me know its okay to drool over Patrick Bateman...and then be totally horrified of him 20 minutes later. Thankyou for letting me know that my life long obsession with Bruce Campbell is actually completely healthy.

I've included the links to all of the blogs of the women participating in the Ms. Horror Blogosphere competition. If you haven't visited one of these blogs before, you really aught to. You won't be disappointed. Honestly, be a dear and add them on twitter too. You won't regret it. I guarantee it. (or your 2 minutes it took to add them back)
DON'T FORGET TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO ALL OF THESE FINE LADIES BY VOTING IN THE
MS. HORRORBLOGOSPHERE 2009 COMPETITION
OVER @
THEVAULTOFHORROR.NET

14 comment(s):

Alison Nastasi said...

great group of girls and well said BJ-C. thank you. it has been fun!

Rhonny Reaper said...

all AMAZING blogs and bloggers :) It has been an honor to be included in such a wonderful list of women in horror!

forestofthedead said...

Awesome post. Awesome blog.

Andre said...

Yay! : )

The Divemistress said...

Well said. I'm so happy, proud, and honoured to be part of this family.

B-Sol said...

I'm very glad to have been able to show support and spread the word about so many great blogs and talented bloggers.

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

You're the awesomest!

Tasha said...

Sweet! I've only just recently started reading a few of these women after finding them on twitter, I'm so glad I have a full list of things to read now!

Emily said...

It's an honor to be in such classy and cool company Mizz BJ-C & fellow bloggettes. If there was a way to karaoke to the Spice Girls through blogspot, we'd take over the world.

C.L. Hadden said...

I feel quite enlightened just by being mentioned in the same breath as my fellow women horror bloggers. It's been great getting to know everyone!
And thanks, BJ-C, you're an inspiration;)

Ms Harker said...

Kisses and love to all the horror chicks! From way down under ;) xxx

Eviltwin said...

yeah for teh girls! you all are amazing! congrats on winning, and keep up the good work!!!!

RayRay said...

Cheers and huzzahs to all. Well played, my fine ladies. And to BJ-C: the highest salutations!

B-Movie Becky said...

Thanks for the shout out and congrats on the win.

Related Posts with Thumbnails