Monday, December 21, 2009

PLANES, MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAINS, AND CHIPOTLE

Hello there Womanizers, this post is to let you all know what’s been going on the past week. As most of you know, I’m a hard working college student and last week were my final exams for the fall semester. I take my studies very seriously so I felt I needed to focus all my time and energy into my school work. I apologize for not letting you all know what was going on but now you know!

As I type this, I’m on my second flight to West Palm Beach, Florida. My extended family all resides in the Sunshine state so my Windy City Dwelling clan ventures down for a much needed vacation and holiday celebration. I love you all so much that I fronted up ten bucks to get WiFi on the plane so I could write to you all!

Im sure at this point you’re all thinking “BJ-C, I could care less about your personal life, GIVE ME THE HORROR!” Well, I’m getting there! Hold your horses! My love of the horror genre has been very apparent the past few days and I’ve even met a few readers that have come out of the woodwork and I’ve run into by a pure twist of fate!

First off, my school doesn’t have a Chipotle anywhere near it. The closest one is an hour and ten minutes away and lets just say, we drove to it this past week to get our burrito fixes. Anyway, since I’ve been home from school I’ve had Chipotle TWICE (in the 36 hours I was home…). I walked into a Chipotle and there was a new guy working behind the counter. He was covered in tattoos, had this rocking beard, and honestly looked like Freddy in Space’s doppelganger. Upon ordering my usual chicken burrito with pinto beans, cheese, rice, sour cream, and lettuce (HELLO CHRISTMAS WISH) I noticed he had a tattoo of the Creature from the Black Lagoon on his forearm. I complimented him on it to where he flashed me some other monster tattoos. Needless to say, I thought I discovered my new best friend until he asked for my name. I replied with Brittney-Jade and he gave me a blank stare. “What’s your last name? I promise I’m not a stalker, I’m just very curious” I replied bluntly “Colangelo”. He stared at me once more. OH MY GOD YOU’RE BJ-C! He gave me a high five, a bag of free chips, and admitted to reading my blog religiously. Single handedly the coolest moment of my life.

Not exactly horror related, but a good friend of mine and fellow horror enthusiast is also going on vacation and somehow we were both layed over in Atlanta. I walked through the airport and he had me convinced he was already in Florida. He then proceeded to be a total creep and text me things like “Your purple hat looks nice today” or “I like your glasses”. Turns out he was a couple terminals down. He scared the hell out of me, but it was also a fabulous surprise to see a familiar face. It did inspire me to go find Red Eye and watch it immediately, sadly…I don’t own it nor do I think they sell that film at airports. Thanks Jon :)


As of right now, I’m currently on a plane and creeping the hell out of the woman sitting next to me. I popped in the Midnight Meat Train because I wanted to watch something that I didn’t have to pay all that much attention to but could still get a fix of scare, gore, and something at least aesthetically pleasing. The woman was reading her book and I could see out of my periph’s that she was peering over her shoulder to look at my Macbook screen. At first she didn’t make much motion, but when Mahogany slams the Asian model in the head with a meat pounder the woman next to me jumped. I acted as if I didn’t notice it and tried as hard as humanly possible to stifle my laughter. The movie trekked on and the woman went back to her active reading and highlighting. She didn’t pay much attention until Mahogany began pulling teeth, ripping fingernails, and hanging people by their ankles. I made a discreet look to my best friend and fellow Hell Queen Erin who was passed the French out to see the woman in utter shock and disgust. Her eyes were bugged completely out of her head and her jaw was definitely prepared to catch some flies. I couldn’t help it and I began laughing hysterically. I pulled out my headphones and she says “I hope you don’t feel offended by me asking this…but what would inspire you to watch such a film?” I understood her concern and explained to her what I do as far as the interwebz are concerned and she just nodded. I’m still not exactly sure if she thinks I’m crazy, disturbed, ain’t raised right, or all of the above. Needless to say, when I get off of this plane, I can’t wait to brag to my mom how I creeped out the people sitting next to me. If this isn’t a good explanation as to why I deserve two seats on a plane…I don’t know what is.

1 comment(s):

ohjessickahhh said...

Saw that like a year and a half ago, fantastic. made me never want to go on a subway at night ever again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails