Saturday, December 5, 2009

MS. HORROR BLOGOSPHERE & TPOTD

When I'm not a complete horror loving female trying to struggle her way to not be objectified by these oh-so judgmental men (man you can just cut the sarcasm in that sentence with a butcher knife), I am a beauty queen. I've done numerous posts about how pageant events have taken over my weekends or taken pageant queens to horror events just to freak them all out. Needless to say, I've been at enough pageants to know that NO ONE really wants to hear an obnoxious thank you speech from the newly crowned queen. I do want to thank IMMENSELY all the people that have supported not just myself, but each and EVERY woman who put her blog, personality, and picture out in public for all you crazy kids to experience and yes, possibly judge.

This competition wasn't about pitting us female horror bloggers against each other, it was an attempt to bring us together all while working toward the common goal to unite horror bloggers as one. This competition was trying to let the male horror bloggers and their readers see what the female horror bloggers are all about, and what we have to offer the blogging world. Through a shitton of controversey, somehow, this concept has been sadly lost.

This is where I come in. Every pageant queen knows that there is "power in the crown" and that we are always to "use your titles elegentally, responsibly, and inspiring". I've never been one to not take my title seriously, and the title of Ms. Horror Blogosphere is no different.



With permission from Zombo himself (that's the founder of the LoTT-D kids!), I will be forming the Tea Party of the Dead, simply known as TPOT D. Get it? Tea Pot? Reference to League of Tana Tea Drinkers? Anyway, name puns aside, I am forming a league of Female Horror bloggers with the first people asked to participate are all the women who participated in the Ms. Horror Blogosphere competition. Just because the competition is now over, doesn't mean that we can't all connect together as one for now and forever. My favorite part of this competition was how easily accessable it made all of the blogs of female horror writers. This group would let us showcase, collaborate, promote, and enjoy all the blogs of female horror writers across the globe.

I am extremely excited to put this group in motion, and I hope everyone else is just as excited as I am. After the "founding mothers" are put into place, we can then start accepting requests to become a part of undead Tea Party.


Once again, I thank everyone for their votes, their support, and most importantly, their respect for ALL the ladies of horror blogging and what we do best. You have no idea what your support means to all of us and you have helped put a TON of fabulous blogs on the map that may have gone overlooked. Always remember though, we're all mad here :D

I'm currently in process of getting a layout set up and emails will be sent to you fine and fabulous females ASAFP.

11 comment(s):

Alison Nastasi said...

sounds great--count me in :)

Rhonny Reaper said...

wow this is am AMAZING idea! i can't think of a better way to connect with other females in horror and get there blogs out there! you are a GENIUS!

The Divemistress said...

Absolutely, yes! This is fantastic!

Get it? Fanta-stic?

B-Sol said...

A brilliant idea, and The Vault of Horror will support it in any way possible. Huzzah!

Andre said...

Yesss I LOVE tea! : )

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

Great idea!

Monster Scholar said...

I second B-Sol's huzzah and echo Alison's count me in! This is such a great idea. It's like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except not annoying ;)

C.L. Hadden said...

Sounds like a blast - totally great idea! Count me in as well.

Aleata Illusion(GoreGoreDancer) said...

Fantastic idea!=]

Ms Harker said...

Wonderful idea, can't wait to start collaborating with all the fabulous horror chicks!

www.musingcontinuum.com

initforthekills said...

Please count me in! I've met so many cool chicks since the Ms HB contest and I don't want it to end there.

http://initforthekills.typepad.com/in_it_for_the_kills_horro/

Related Posts with Thumbnails