Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TERRIBLE POSTER TUESDAY

Sorry for being a super slacker and posting this ridiculously late, but I'm currently being raped by my script analysis class. Needless to say, I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and I've ingested two bottles of 5 hour energy in the last hour and a half....SO I'M NOT SLEEPING AND INSTEAD WILL BE DELIVERING YOU PLENTY OF AMAZING ENTRIES! Okay, so saying amazing is a little bit pretentious but I like to be optimistic :)

This weeks poster was brought to my attention by love of my freaking life Pax Romano of Billy Loves Stu. How in God's name I've never come across this is beside me, but I will be tracking this down as soon as humanly possible.

Let us begin by looking at how out of place the title is to the rest of the images on the poster. If I see a film that has "voodoo" in the title, I'm expecting some witch doctor dude with a stick through his nose and a plate in his lip...not three people auditioning for the Men In Black Ken Doll and an 80's Hair Metal video inspired woman above a castle.

Okay, the Men In Black Ken Dolls are really hard to take serious in the state that I am in, but most likely hard to take seriously in any state. I'm pretty sure these men don't have molars anymore for how hard they are clenching their jaws to make themselves look like people who weren't rejected for H&M ads. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not this photo is posed or if they had their heads superimposed on the suit bodies. I'm leaning more towards superimposed due to the fact they don't have necks.

Alright, so "devil hair metal bitch with the long fingernails and obviously far distanced nipples due to how far apart her tank top is" looks like a painting. I've seen posters use photoshop, I've seen posters use paintings, but this one didn't hold back and decided to use BOTH! Congratulations, you made a shitty poster in two formats.

4 comment(s):

Pax Romano said...

I have nothing witty to add except that you are right, darling daughter, they have no damn necks.

Andre said...

Gross. She looks like a cross between Voldemort and Gene Simmons.

The Igloo Keeper... said...

I need to watch this now. So perhaps the poster has done its job.

Planet of Terror said...

The guy to the far right looks like he is doing his best Stephen Baldwin impression.

Related Posts with Thumbnails