Thursday, November 26, 2009

A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO FEEL THE MS. HORROR BLOGOSPHERE COMPETITION IS DEGRADING...nsfw

video

19 comment(s):

Ms Harker said...

Sing it sista!

Aleata Illusion(GoreGoreDancer) said...

That was absolutely amazing!I completely agree with every word of what you just said.I'm writing a piece about it right now.

The Igloo Keeper... said...

Well said, it would have been funnier if you'd done it naked though.

Matt-suzaka said...

I couldn't disagrees with you more...







Stephen King is bangin'!

The Curious Cat said...

Good argument and I can feel the passion! Hope you feel better now? :) And you look pretty good despite what you say! :) xxx

EBrock said...

Concerning Heidi--not only are some of the pictures on her own website far more provocative than the Ms. Blogosphere contestants, her "signature" for the Pretty Scary forum is a perfect example of hypocrisy (and explains much).

Rhonny Reaper said...

omg your my new hero! :)

Andre said...

Hahah! Faaaaantastic! Take that Sarah Michelle Gellar worshippers...which by the way they sure as hell didn't give her any parts based on her acting ability. Hypocrites again!

Marc said...

Quite frankly Heidi can shut the f**k up. She's a hypocrite. And I'm shocked at how incredibly stupid she just made herself sound. B-Sol should have never apologized for anything. /end rant before I say something I'll regret... Love ya BJ-C!

Jack Ruttan said...

That was great. What was that beeping?

the jaded viewer said...

I'll admit, I didn't vote for the miss horror blogger who looked the hottest or had the sexiest pic, but I voted for who I wanted because of the following:

1.) They like what I like
2.) They are funny in their writing
3.) And selfishly, they support my blog the jaded viewer by leaving comments.

Friends and family will vote for who they know. It's getting the vote of your fellow horror bloggers (male or female) that says something about your writing because they will vote on your posts and not your looks.

And if you've supported my blog, its more easy enough to support yours. Selfish yes, but damn true.

Jen said...

Thanks BJ-C- it's a bummer that some people with NO SENSE OF HUMOR got so upset about this. The contest is for fun and it promotes our sites. As a last minute addition I was thrilled to be included, and I have found great sites written by groovy women thanks to B-Sol. We need to just keep doing our thing and not worry about the naysayers.

oducerproducer said...

As far as i'm concerned, all the Ms. Horror BLOGOSPHERE did was introduce new readers to the blogs. Each day i read the interviews, i clicked the link for each blogger, and read the first page of each blog. Some i found better than others, but i respected each simply cause they were voices in horror, letting their voices heard. I just started a horror blog, so i can do my own opinions on horror, and that is all the blogosphere contest is doing, letting us get opinions from others. As far as looks go, they can get you superficial aspects of life, but what counts is brains & personality, btw i found most of the bloggers very attractive.

Cheesemeister said...

Maybe I'm just so straight that I don't even notice the perceived sexiness of other females, (for those that don't want to be bothered to read my profile, I am female) but I didn't perceive it as sexist, I perceived it as showcasing the talents of horror bloggers who happen to be female. My two favorites are you and Kitt T. LeClaw, both of whom are attractive enough ladies, but what I like about both of you is your STYLE. You write what you feel, and I enjoy reading it. That's what I thought the contest was about. It hardly seems to be a T&A contest in any way.

Max the drunken severed head said...

Great post, B-J C!

B-Sol said...

Whew, it's been a madhouse dealing with the fallout from this nonsense the past couple days, but just let me say that I appreciate the passionate support. Nicely put.

Dannie said...

Amen, sister.

"RATED R" [JohnnyHorror] said...

Loved the breakdown of an innocent voting poll that was made by the fans for the fans. B-Sol did this to bring the horror community more together, I found a lot of different horror bloggers because of this contest and I'm grateful to talk about film with them and grow a friendship. I guess whoever wrote the article forgot in the horror genre is all for one, one for all. The Horror community is like a tight nit family and to have someone make useless posts about different happenings is very childish. I seen bees humping a sugary doughnut have more respect then that article. With that being said we should all be mature and act like a camera and take the negatives to develop positives!

kfbrostowitz said...

I actually think Stephen King is kinda sexy...

But yeah, you're totally right about all the other stuff..!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails