Thursday, November 5, 2009

CHEMICAL 12-D: A ZOMBIE SHORT YOU MUST SEE.

Hey there Womanizers, BJ-C here with a very special treat for you. We all know how much I absolutely despise shitty college level film productions...but you know something, there is always the diamond in the rough, the light at the end of the tunnel, the gleaming glimmer of hope that we all look so hard for. My friends, I have found it and it is Chemical 12-D.



DePaul University in Chicago has seriously got themselves four brilliant future film makers with Mac Eldridge, David Wagenaar, Rob Davis, and Matt Nikkila. These four (with the help of countless others I don't have room to name) have created one of the best short films I've seen in I don't know how long.

On a budget of around $1000 dollars, Chemical 12-D is one of the most thought-provoking, aesthetically pleasing, properly paced, beautifully shot, and professionally made zombie shorts out there. There is better quality film making in this 8 minute masterpiece than in the entire Thicker than Water film. My absolute favorite part of the entire production is the EPIC zombie makeup. We all know how BJ-C is about her zombie makeup, and this film does not disappoint.


The short has already made quite a name for itself at film festivals like the Chicago Film Makers Citywide Showcase, Tromadance, and they've even nabbed a spot at Zombie Outbreak: Chicago's annual Zombie film marathon (I should be there with bells on!) I would love to tell you what takes place in this, but because it's a short (and I never STFU) it'd be too hard to spoil the living daylights out of it. Let's just say, I love it and if I love it, you'll love it too. If anyone out there is smart enough, they'll bug these kids to make it into a full length film. I talked to two of the three masterminds and they're down. I think it'd be a wise choice for Hollywood. I fully believe that this short could be the 2nd coming of GRACE, you know...when a short gets turned into an absolutely awesome feature film? Yeah, it's that good.

If you're lucky enough to hit the Windy City on November 14th, Zombie Outbreak will be showing it, and director Mac Eldridge will be attending armed with $5.00 copies of the short on DVD including commentary, behind the scenes, deleted scenes, and you know, the good stuff we nerdgasm over.



So say you fall madly in love with this short film and can't get enough of it, have no fear! The boys are working on a ton of other projects including a drama about the second coming of Christ.
There is a bright future for the horror industry and this short film, is proof of it.

3 comment(s):

Matt said...

Definitely jealous that you get to attend that festival and that you've had the chnace to see this. It sounds awesome. Just read your review of Thicker Than Water as well - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Felipe Thirteen said...

Have you seen I love Sarah Jane? You can watch the whole thing on youtube on the Bluetonguefilms page. Its defintely the best short zombie film I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some images :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails