Sunday, November 22, 2009

THE BEST FOOD RELATED DEATHS!


Ah, the turkey day (or tofurkey for those of us who are members of the cool club) approaches and the only thing I have on my mind is cranberry sauce (can shaped of course) and horror flicks. There aren't that many Thanksgiving themed horror flicks, but the cool cats over at Kindertrauma have already listed some of the best dinner scenes known to man. This list may have a bit overlap but I'm bringing lots of different things to the table (ba doom ch!)

HEY EDDIE, GET YOUR ASS OFF THE TABLE!
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
There's nothing better than having a singing Meatloaf with a saxophone and a motorbike come out of your freezer, and it's even better to have for dinner! One of the finest cannibalistic subtexts in film to date, Rocky's Birthday Feast makes you rethink what you're really having for dinner.

**********

"Where is the Mr. Pibb? I told your secretary to pack Mr. Pibb. It's the only Coke I like. Goddamn Brenda exploding like a water balloon, worms driving my friends around like they're goddamn skin-cars, people are spitting acid at me, turning you into cottage cheese, and now there's no fucking goddamn Mr. Pibb?"
SLITHER
Oh Brenda, if you hadn't had sex with those tentacles, you might not have ever been begging to eat opossums, you might not have turned into a giant water balloon and you might not have been way bigger than your fat sister who has someone to love her, and you might not have exploded maggots...just saying.

*********

I know you ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...but what about brains?
HANNIBAL
I know I'm going to get some crap for choosing this scene over him killing the guards in Silence of the Lambs, but I find this scene a hell of a lot more off putting. The fact that homeboy is still ALIVE while he's getting his brains poked, prodded, and devoured seriously FREAKS ME OUT. I can't handle a few things. Leprosy, Lawn Gnomes, Being eaten alive, and eye trauma. Nuff said.

*********
It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!
SOYLENT GREEN
Soylent Green. Is. PEOPLE!!!

**********

There's another tradition, always check your candy...
TRICK R TREAT
This film has so many eating deaths its insane. Death by poison candy, death by lollipop, death by werewolves eating you, death by vampire drinking blood, and its a stretch but using a head as a jack o lantern is food...sort of.

**********

Oh Greta, You Bulimic Skank.
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 5: THE DREAM CHILD
Basically, Greata is quite the little bulimic and Chef Freddy decides what better way to kill her than to shove food down her throat until she dies? Sick. Twisted. Wonderful. Irony.

**********

The least attractive of the 7 Deadly Sins
SE7EN
I've never wanted to throw up more than the first time I saw this scene. I couldn't handle it. Maybe it was the 3 day old chinese food, or maybe it was seeing someone who had eaten themselves to death, I don't know. It's just freaking disgusting.

**********

Get her grandpa! Get her!

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
Probably one of the most memorable and horrific scenes in the film is the lovely family dinner shared by our Texas Chainsaw Masscre darlings. Check your food, that sure as shit ain't chicken.

8 comment(s):

forestofthedead said...

Great choices!

jpelliott said...

As a lifelong Freddy fanatic I got my grandma to rent Dream Child when it came out on video. I think I was 11. Great pick.
Bon appÈtit...bitch!

Andre said...

Nice. I find it difficult to come up with food related deaths because the only ones I can think of don't involve death... just nastiness! Like, maggot chicken from Poltergeist=hallucinated face peeling, vomit feeding time in Audition and when Jim almost eats the severed finger in The Hitcher.

Ugh that scene in Se7en will always make me feel nauseous- especially when Brad Loser Pitt checks the bucket. Hmm I wonder what this bucket under the table would be for...? Weird. OH GOD IT'S VOMIT I didn't see that one coming! Moron.

B-Sol said...

Ooooh---the finger scene in The Hitcher, good one!

oducerproducer said...

Can we get Dr. Scott another fork!

Mr. Fiendish said...

I know it's not a horror film, but then again the post is called Best Food-Related Deaths, I have to mention the guy that eats himself until he explodes in Monty Python and the Meaning Of Life

a.e. said...

I'm so glad you included the scene from TCM. I just can't bear to watch when they are trying to smash her head with the hammer and the old guy sucks blood out of her finger! Gross.

e-ShEeP said...

What about any scene from 'Bad Taste' and 'blood Diner'?

Related Posts with Thumbnails