Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HALLOWEEN HIJINKS: Terrible Halloween Posters!

I had intended to make this entire month just a Halloween Hijink filled spectacular, but after about a gazillion emails begging for a TpT, I'm bending the rules a little bit. Hey, it's my blog...my rules. Anyway, it was brought to my attention by B-Sol of The Vault of Horror (what else is new?) that the posters for Halloween 4 & 5 are ridiculously similar. Not only are the titles a mere 5 letters in difference, but whoever had to make the posters for these films was a MEGA slacker.

First of all, they both use that shiteous mask. There is absolutely NOTHING remotely terrifying about that stupid thing. I understand that after films become huge successes that people manufacture costume pieces so little boys and girls can walk around pretending to be Michael Myers and the like...but that doesn't mean the film sequels should use those costume pieces. If by chance you ARE going to use the horrible masks...DON'T ADVERTISE WITH IT! You already took two posters and made them almost identical, just do the same thing but rip off the 1st poster.

Secondly, these movies are seriously only 5 letters in difference. Was someone that lazy or did they really want to confuse the living hell out of the fans? It doesn't help that the font on the titles and subtitles are identical. I wonder how many mixups people had at Blockbuster. The films are alphabetically lined up, so there has to be a few instances of it. Could you imagine the bitch-fits that would occur? I SAID I WANTED RACHEL CARRUTHERS ON THE ROOF, NOT TINA IN A MAID COSTUME!? Okay, maybe not that many, but I would...

Who came up with these headlines? I honestly think they made a contest out of it and it was for people between the ages of 5-12 that could enter. They're not clever, they're not scary, and they're obvious. "10 years ago he changed Halloween and now he's back?" No shit, he was back in the second film too. "Michael lives and this time they're ready?" What is he, hurricane season? I beg to differ. There's about 12 more films after this one where he's alive and kicking.

Can we also discuss how the H5 poster's knife blade doensn't have a handle or any fade to it whatsoever? It just looks like its floating there. The only thing good about either of these posters...is Jamie Lloyd. EVEN THOUGH SHE DOESN'T WEAR THE CLOWN COSTUME IN H5!

4 comment(s):

MacReady said...

As lame as they may be to me today, when I was 7 years old those things scared the shit out of me. Seriously. I got nightmares after seeing them as I wandered through the horror section at the video store. Especially 5.

NoWhere MaN said...

These aren't nearly as bad as the posters for part 7 and part 8. Talk about similar.

gord said...

I GUESS people could have conceivably complained about getting 5 instead of 4 in a renting mixup, or vice versa, but both are so awful it'd be like complaining you only got got punched in the face instead of kicked in the groin.

Also hilarious point in the end about the clown costume mixup. And what's with the Catwoman claw marks on her face?

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff said...

I see your point, but I've always liked the H5 poster, even if it has jack-all to do with the movie. It's like someone sent a rejected posted for H4 to the printer or something....

Plus, it's the only halfway decent thing associated with H5.

Related Posts with Thumbnails