Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Words of Wisdom brought to you by SCREAM



For a cliche 90's slasher flick, Scream has some pretty hilarious quotations and does point out some obvious things about the world of horror flicks. As I sit in my dorm with my floormate and watch this fab thing, I felt the need to bring to your attention some of the best quotes to hit the horror genre. So I used some pictures to help showcase how dead on the Scream flicks were with the horror genre. Enjoy :)
Sidney: What's the point they're all the same, some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act who is always running up the stairs when she should be running out the front door, it's insulting.
Sidney:: You know, if, if I was wrong about Cotton Weary, then the killer's still out there.
Tatum: Don't go there, Sid. You're starting to sound like some Wes Carpenter flick or something. Don't freak yourself out, okay? We've got a long night ahead of us.
Billy: Now Sid, don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!
Ghostface: Never say "who's there?" Don't you watch scary movies? It's a death wish. You might as well come out to investigate a strange noise or something.
Cheerleader: And it fucked her up royally. Think about it, her mother's death leaves her disturbed and hostile in a cruel and inhumane world. She's delusional. "Where's God," etc. Completely suicidal. One day she snaps. She wants to kill herself but she realizes out that teen suicide is out this year and homicide is a much healthier, therapeutic expression.
Girl: Where do you get this shit?
Cheerleader: Ricki Lake

Tatum: No, please don't kill me, Mr. Ghostface, I wanna be in the sequel!
Sidney Oh, my God. Randy I thought you were dead.
Randy: I know. I've never felt so happy to be a virgin.


Stu: I didn't kill anybody.
Billy: Nobody said you did.
Stu: Thanks, buddy!
Randy: Besides...”Takes a MAN to do something like that!"
Stu: I ought to gut your ass in a second, kid.


dear third wheel randy, gtfo.


5 comment(s):

allthingshorror said...

Nice post and references, but I don't think it's fair to label Scream a cliche ridden movie. At the time it was one of the first self aware horror films and was pretty creative and fun. Unfortunately, studios took the formula, sucked all the fun out of it and we ended up with a million copy cats for the next five years. also, when we saw this in the theaters, 30 seconds before the Fonz buys the farm, I grabbed my sister and she screamed her head off, much to the laughter of the packed theater. Good times.

The Curious Cat said...

I loved Scream when it first came out - it was so clever! xxx

Action Flick Chick said...

Loved the Scream movies. Very mixed feelings about the fact they're proceeding with 4 and 5.

RoaOC said...

The thing that I loved about Scream is that it was a self deprecating, fun, well crafted piece of entertaining horror. At the time, it was fresh and creative the way that it made light of the rules of horror movies, while the horror movie was being played out...A genre within a genre, if you will. To date, it's one of my favorites.

the jaded viewer said...

Now Sid, don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!

That sums of Scream in a nutshell.

Related Posts with Thumbnails