Monday, September 28, 2009

PICK MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME

So apparently the makers of the Mrs. Krueger costume are under the impression that everyone who dresses up for Halloween wears a size zero and doesn't make the costume in a size larger than a Medium. BJ-C here is a sassy and luscious woman and does NOT wear a medium. I wear an XL or a Plus 1 (thanks to my girls up top). So I'm in a major bind as far as my halloween costume is concerned. There aren't any specialty shops where I go to school and I'm seriously fresh out of clever ideas. So here's where I'm asking for help. If anyone out there can find me a sexy but scary without being campy Halloween costume that ISN'T the Jason woman costume in my size...I will write ANY post of the person (who picked the costume I decide to wear) 's choice. I mean ANYTHING. I'll write about why dust bunnies are terrifying if that's how you get your kicks. Plus, I'll give you my soul.

I want specific costumes with images that I can order online, no links to costume sites...trust me when I say I've probably been there.

HAPPY HUNTING.

16 comment(s):

Pax Romano said...

Considering the fact that you can do the spider walk: a light blue nightgown, some green face paint, a few scars, a little oil to matte your hair and viola, instant Regan MacNeil . For bonus points carry around some pea soup.

BJ-C said...

Keyword=sexy ;)

Pax Romano said...

OK, make it a baby doll night gown ... ;)

EBrock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EBrock said...

Wouldn't let me post an image, but here is a link to my 2 favorites (sexy was easier than scary). And as someone who prefers "curvy" women, I 'm quite sure you would luck smashing in one of these (both are XL).

http://www.3wishes.com/images/blackwidow-s.jpg
http://www.3wishes.com/images/fangbanginfunvamp1-d.jpg

oducerproducer said...

Well take example from my costume, i'm Beetlejuice, go as Lydia!

The Curious Cat said...

Do you have charity shops in the US? Maybe you could piece something together there? Otherwise loo roll? You could go as a Mummy? Or erm...lame but a Zombie?! Or erm...erm... Hm...yeah I'm not being very helpful! xxx

CSY said...

Oh, I HATE costume makers! They think ALL the women are skinny trolls! I'm going as a sexy, but zombie Alice in Wonderland - it'll be fun...hopefully. You'll take pics, right? I wanna see them...I mean your FANS wanna see them!

I think I have a girl crush on you, but I don't wanna scare you away...hehehehe! No, I'm NOT a stalker!

BJ-C said...

Curious Cat: Yes we do, but where I live...I'd have to go as a farmer haha.

CSY: VERY COOL! Make sure to send pictures :) I want to have a female halloween costume showcase when the time is right and put it up on the blog :) andd stalker? I embrace you!

Becky said...

I'm totally with you on the cretins employed at the costume companies. They clearly have no idea what an actual woman looks like. As a busty girl myself, I always have trouble finding things and usually end up making costumes (last year it was a possessed doll). If you want sexy/scary you're welcome to share my costume plan: Marilyn Monroe as a zombie. One side of the face/body being your normal gorgeous self and the other nice and gross. All you need is the ubiquitous dress from Seven Year Itch, a wig or some hair paint and some gross out make-up. Good luck!

Lily Strange said...

I did see some sexy plus size devil girl and vampire wench costumes at a couple of the online costume shops. Pair these with scary makeup of your choosing and I think that would work well. Though you might also try the thrift store idea, if you have one in the area that has a plus size section. I think most of them do. If you can find a prom dress, I think there's nothing quite like the Undead Prom Queen. It would save you the cost of buying a new costume and the worry that it would ship on time. Besides, the cost of postage is outrageous these days.

Lily Strange said...

As a plus size broad myself, I too get sick of the lack of choices in attractive attire for us larger gals. I'm kind of curvy all over. Unfortunately most of it is in my butt, which tends to attract a select crowd of morons.

liralera said...

Do you have a price range? They're a bit pricey but I found a bunch of awesome Michael Jackson costumes for plus size women. Would it be too soon to go as zombie Michael? All the sizes go up to 12X, if you can imagine. =)

gilbertlavery said...

You know, a good ol' zombie never hurts. Fake blood is super easy to make and spill. Clothes can be found at the Salvation Army, Goodwill or any other second hand store that'll give you a pair of jeans for 2 bucks. Or even better, say you're a Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees victim, stab wounds are easy to create with Creepy Skin. Really, it's all up to what you want to do though. Have fun!

Raike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shilo said...

A little late to this party, but I just bought this costume. I HATE that it's so hard to find sexy plus size costumes. My chest tumors don't leave much room in costumes, and they require a 1X or a 2x, which always means modding the costume to fit around the waist so I don't look awful.

HOWEVER, I did just buy this costume. A size large, actually, 12-14. Well. A little stretching in the front (the sweater is pretty flexible) and it fit well. My boobs take up most of the fabric so this just sits around my waist and I have to wear shorts, but still, it's freaky sexy and it hugs my curves.

I say? Buy the costume and stretch it out a little. It clings really well and it looks AWESOME.

Related Posts with Thumbnails