Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WOMAN OF THE WEEK: Janet Weiss

What better way to celebrate hump-day by showcasing my favorite slut of them all!? At a deadly pace IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE ON JANET'S FACE! That's right, Janet Weiss and her condom barrette and love for not many muscles (just one big one) is my WotW. Now many of you are probably wondering why I didn't showcase love-of-my-life Little Nell for the first lady of Rocky Horror. As much as I'd like to, Susan Sarandon has a damn impressive resume and even did a handful of horror films afterward. You'll see why later. The thing I love most about her character is that Susan Sarandon refuses to even acknowledge the fact she's a part of this, THE cult classic. And yet, this is the film that seriously put her on the map. Janet truly helps make RHPS great. While the film is obviously thrown around with tons of off the wall characters, we have Janet who truly embodies what it is to give yourself over to absolute pleasure. She's like the symbol for humanity. It doesn't matter how nice you look on the outside, we're all freaks beneath.

We're first introduced to Janet as the fiance of Brad Majors ASSHOLE. Who gladly accepts a proposal after not only catching the bouquet at Betty Munroe & Ralph Hapshatt HAPSHIT's wedding. His reasoning to propose is by saying Damnit Janet, I love you in a cemetery with a billboard, and writing a heart on a door. I don't know about you, but if Barry Bostwick came up to me with a ring and had chalk randomly in his pocket at a wedding...i'd be a little disturbed.


The couple's car breaks down GETS A FLAT ASSHOLE, and is forced to waddle like a duck through the rain until they come across the castle surrounded by slut-eating trees with a sign on the front that apparently takes 45 seconds to read the 5 fucking words. The two arrive at FrankNFurter's castle and are greeted by Riff Raff and his sister Mageneter WHO THE FUCK'S MAGENTER? The two are thrown into a world of sex, dancing, creation, and questioning. You'd believe that Janet would be the doubting fiancee, that is of course until Dr. FrankNFurter's head is between her thighs...

Janet is sort of the comedic relief throughout the entire flick. A Heroine, if you may. Sweet and somewhat naive; Janet, recently engaged to Brad, succumbs to temptation. She plays an uptight jewish girl who receives a sexual awakening thanks to a demented band of singing deviants, and yet still tries to keep a positive mind about the entire situation. That's pretty damn awesome if you ask me. I regret to inform her that Dr. FrankNFurter and his gaggle of ghoulies are indeed NOT the junior chamber of commerce Janet, however will be treating you as lovely lovely hosts. My favorite scene in the entire world is when they're singing "Happy Birthday" to Rocky after she's just gotten porked in the tank and she sings it with such enthusiasm and just goes downhill after FrankNFurter stops singing. I laugh every single time. Speaking of porking: Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me is the best song in the entire world to sing at a karaoke bar. Not only does it give you a ton of attention, it earns you awesome street cred for singing a RHPS song that isn't the Time Warp or Sweet Transvestite. Anyways, Janet also has these random spurts in the film that truly showcase the oscar-worthy talent that Susan Sarandon possesses behind that gross purple suit.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show has been a phenomenon for the past 30 something years, and I guarantee you that the character of Janet Weiss has played such a crucial part in that. Not every viewer in the audience is a groupie or a domestic, some are just the heroines. Not to mention, She's the only RHPS to have an Oscar, and her hands in that cement. Tim Curry needs to be up there soon...

7 comment(s):

T.L Bugg said...

Great Post, while I am a Magenta fan myself (this comes from seeing her perform the role in London) I surely have plenty of respect for Janet Weiss. I got my first copy of Rocky Horror on a bootleg video when I was 13 (as an Easter present no less), and I have been eternally grateful to my crazy folks for bringing this film into my life.

B-Sol said...

They showed this every single weekend at midnight at my local theater when I was a kid and TOO YOUNG TO GO. Then, once it finally came out on video, they pulled it. I'm mega-jealous that you live near one of the only major theaters still showing it.

I trekked to Manhattan a couple times in college to check it out, and I will always cherish the memories of the audience members freaking the fuck out of my girlfriend's conservative Jewish friends :-)

BJ-C said...

I am a Columbia, and I have plenty of costumes of me in costume. If you click my side bar tag for THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. You can see them there. I go every month to the Milwaukee showings http://www.sensualdaydreams.com

BJ-C said...

and by costumes, i mean pictures of me in costume.

oducerproducer said...

"The couple's car breaks down GETS A FLAT ASSHOLE, and is forced to waddle like a duck through the rain until they come across the castle surrounded by slut-eating trees with a sign on the front that apparently takes 45 seconds to read the 5 fucking words. The two arrive at FrankNFurter's castle and are greeted by Riff Raff and his sister Mageneter WHO THE FUCK'S MAGENTER? "

Wow thanks for taking pretty much every thing i was gonna type lol. I myself prefer Columbia, but the chick who's already wet, still gets alot of love. I mean Frank fucked the shit out of her while saving the best for last, plus who else can you you grope on screen to a huge ovation? Although she needs to wipe that cum off her face while riding elevators and needs to quit stepping on that assholes foot.

BJ-C said...

yay.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2agpag0.jpg

oducerproducer said...

double yay

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_4a9e3ab921c64f5896adb0666edb3def.jpg

and my frank tat.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_7bc167fc7559669418a39f37dccf4d1e.jpg

Nice costume btw!

Related Posts with Thumbnails