Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day of the Woman Presents: Documentaries in the Horror Genre

If I'm talking about a documentary style film, I might as well make a documentary style entry :D I filmed this in my dorm room and if I get positive feedback, I'll be sure to do little movies like this occasionally. The internet is so impersonal, and I feel it's really nice to once in a while see who the person is that's giving you all this information. This episode was completely unscripted, un-researched, and done on my MacBook. Everything I said was totally improved, I hope you enjoy!
<3>

3 comment(s):

Alana said...

BJ-C,

Awesome vlog. Thank you.

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust, but I have seen the Blair Witch Project, which scared me too. The feel of raw footage lent itself to the terror because nothing felt staged. Your point about the "I'm so scared" scene is smart, understandable, but I disagree.

The scene worked the same way a journal entry might work. Even when writing raw, we tend to "focus" and lend detail to moments of high emotion, importance. Does that make sense?

Anyway, Cloverfield: yeah, saw it on DVD, and like you believe the film translates better in a confined space.

Peace,
A

Soap Magic said...

I can't believe that this type of film is hated by so many! These films make you scared in a way that most horror films can't do. Like you said, it's like you are in the movie with them. That's what made [REC] and The Blair Witch Project scarier than it would've been if it was shot the normal way. Hopefully the shaky camera isn't that big of a deal for true horror movie fans.

In my opinion, it's not that scene with Heather that I didn't like about The Blair Witch Project. It's all that profanity! I have never seen a horror film with so much foul language!

Oh, and thanks for this wonderful video. I'm sure many readers of this blog will like to hear from you more often.

musingcontinuum said...

What a great idea! I had a bit of trouble with your voice not syncing with your mouth, but that's Aussie broadband for you! Blair Witch did cop a lot of shit and I agree with you about the snot scene 'wah wah its all my fault' but the final scene of that movie was way scary and very well done. I also loved Diary of the Dead! Great Vlog BJ-C!

Ms Harker

www.musingcontinuum.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails