Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TERRIBLE POSTER TUESDAY!!!

So, I don't know about you, but I've never thought the tooth fairy should look like The Mummy, but the film Darkness Falls has proved me wrong.  Now, I had the displeasure of seeing this film in theaters. If you haven't seen this film, do not watch it in surround sound.  The "Tooth Fairy" has this shrieking scream that she makes for no particular reason.  It travels across the room and rather frighten me, it makes my ears bleed like I'm at a poorly micro-phoned rock concert.  I digress.  So the tagline for this film says "Evil Rises." Well, she isn't a zombie, there wasn't a resurrection, and she's not rising again like the south...SO WHY IS EVIL RISING?!  This bitch has been around for one hundred & fifty years according to the legend of Matilda Dixon.  So tagline: FAIL.

Now they show the burned face of her on the poster.  THAT IS ONE OF THE BIG SCARY PARTS OF THE FILM! You're not supposed to see her face, she hides behind a porcelain mask like that creep in Valentine, or The Strangers. So when we finally have the big reveal of her burnt up face, IT'S NOT SCARY BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN IT!!  Movie posters are instantly bad in my opinion if they give any of the prime meat of the film away.  This is one of them.  Not to mention, her face looks like a cross between Freddy Kruger and The Mummy.  Now in the film, she doesn't like you to see her face right? Well why would you advertise it like that?! Poor woman is probably turning in her grave! This film is based on a true story, so wouldn't you stick to the "truth" of the matter?  Apparently not.

The film itself is nothing more than high pitched screams, some clever jump scares, and a few ALMOST darkness making you scared for the audience.  I won't lie, I am incredibly light and sound sensitive so the screams completely turned off the movie for me.  However it has maybe one of my favorite lines in all of the modern horror age "All this for a fucking tooth."

1 comment(s):

Phantom of Pulp said...

Evil rose and it was redundant.

The Mummy wasn't a great idea.

The person who invented the wheel was definitely smarter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails