Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TERRIBLE POSTER TUESDAY!!


Happy St. Patty's day everybody. To celebrate the festivities, I decided to look through the wonderful Leprechaun films and pick the absolute worst of the posters. Let me first say, I'm not a fan of the series, nor do I like the posters. I normally love really horrible horror films, but these ones didn't make me laugh enough or be scared enough to enjoy them. Regardless, they have some pretty awful posters, but I chose the absolute worst of the worst.

#1) Please note that the Leprechaun is holding up a pretty damn close attempt at a gang sign.

#2) He's got a gold tooth that you can almost make out. Apparently that makes him "gangster.

#3) The "2" in the title, is hanging off of his necklace like bling. In no way, is that EVER acceptable.

#4) The word "THA" is in the title. I don't care if you're a killer leprechaun, there is nothing "hood, gangsta" about being a 3'6" Irish-man in a green suit.
#5) Evil has a whole new rap....do I really need to get into that?

#6) STICKY FINGAZ? Okay, at least 50 Cent occasionally will call himself Curtis Jackson. It's not like the guy is "Ice-T", "Ice Cube" "Snoop Dogg", or even "Marky-Mark Walhberg"! Until you are a household name, go by your real name G.

#7) This is supposed to be a HORROR film. There is nothing scary or remotely interesting about this poster. I've been known to pick up films off the shelf that have very intriguing covers, just to see what it's about. This poster has no creativity, and went for very obvious choices. It's disgusting. This looks like something I'd see next to like How High? and NOT in the horror district.

Ultimately, this poster is just dreadful. The film itself does nothing more than stereotype the black community and quite frankly, the movie sucks...really really hard. So this St. Patty's day, instead of watching any of these films, do the more festive thing... Have a drink for me!

4 comment(s):

CSY said...

I just found your blog...I was looking for an obscure 80's movie and was directed to this. VERY nice! I hope you don't mind if I lurk a little.

BJ-C said...

Oh lurk as much as you'd like! I don't bite, I promise!

CSY said...

Even if I ask nicely?

BJ-C said...

I guess I can make some exceptions...

Related Posts with Thumbnails