Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TERRIBLE POSTER TUESDAY!!!

Dear My Darling Son, 
Mommy wants you to know that she's taking place in a re-make of a classic that we will not do justice.  Please do not sleep, because then you might have to dream of this less than stellar film, don't go home, because we haven't returned it to Blockbuster yet...you may be temped to watch it, but don't you worry.  I will find you, and explain to you why we found it necessary to re-make a film that already has been done three times. 
-Mom

That's what the message on the wall should have been. What is so frustrating about this film, is that JAMES BOND is in it...and I still hated it. Talking about the film aside, this poster is absolutely disgusting.  It doesn't make me interested, it makes me think "thanks mom, you could have given me a napkin, but you wrote me a note instead"  
My mom used to write me notes on my napkins or put a post it on my lunchbox.  It always annoyed me more than it made me think she cared.  If I was Nicole Kidman's son, and I'm running from an evil alien invasion of pod-people, seeing a writing on a wall would NOT give me any sort of comfort.  I guess that's just me.  Maybe he could caress the wall and get a feel of his loving mother, or he could say "hmm...could be my mom, could be some other crazy lady looking for her kid"  THERE ISN'T ANY SPECIFICATIONS!

The title is also extremely small.  You'd think if you were remaking such a classic, you'd make the title a little bit bigger...that's just me. Then again, maybe not. Rotten Tomatoes only rated this film a 19%, so I guess it's a good thing that they didn't promote the title...I bet Jack Finney rolled over in his grave. 

I don't have too much to say about this poster, it's pretty self-explanatory. Just like mom's napkin notes...it sucks.

1 comment(s):

B-Sol said...

This movie was so painful. Almost as bad as the unwatchable Nic Cage Wicker Man remake. But nothing can touch the pure turdness of that flick...

Related Posts with Thumbnails