Friday, March 6, 2009

Life in plastic...IT'S FANTASTIC!


So I won't pretend that I was some rough and tumble little girl when I was growing up, and tell you stories about how I set my Barbie dolls on fire or anything; because that was the furthest thing from my childhood. I was a proud owner of at least 175 Barbies of all colors, ages, and styles. Today I'm going to give Barbie a thumbs up for creating some of the coolest character adaptations in the horror genre. This way, even the darkest of little girls have a doll to call their own.

Kudos to idolizing the character Melanie Daniels in the Hitchcock classic The Birds. Best part about the dolls is that the birds stick to the doll. So she really can't ever escape the clawing creatures and that fantastic lime suit :)


Sometimes, things are so wonderful, they have to come in pairs. The Mattel corporation has graced us with the scary-sexy couple of Gomez and Morticia Addams. Sadly, the dolls cannot snap, nor can Gomez make kissing noises up Morticia Addams. I'm praying they come out with a Kelly doll version of Wednesday and Pugsly....if only...


DON'T LOOK INTO HER EYES! That's right ladies and gentlemen...IT'S MEDUSA BARBIE!!



Adding to our list is another couple the lovely Munster couple.

1 comment(s):

hagiblog said...

I love the Munsters! I would buy those in a second. I like how even with birds stuck all over her Barbie still flashes a smile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails