Saturday, February 28, 2009

Horror Society Presents: WOMEN OF HORROR!


The wonderful city that I am just a mere suburb of, is hosting the Horror Society's 4th Annual Film Festival. On April 25th, 2009 from 5pm to 12am, they will be showcasing films that women have either directed, written, produced, or starred in [as villains or heroes]. The goal is to showcase women in horror films as more than just blood, boobs, and bait. hm, sounds a little familiar ;) The films are going to be submitted and you can even submit your own films still for the showing!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic to know that there is going to be a film festival that pertains to the exact topic I've started this blog for. 

Needless to say, I will be leaving college that night and training my way back into Chicago to catch this.  For more information about this fun filled event, check out the website for it: Chicago | Horror Society

Portage Theater 
4050 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL

4 comment(s):

hagiblog said...

Damn, why's all the good stuff in Chicago??? That's alright, I'll freeze my ass off up here in Toronto and have to read about all the fun stuff I miss out on.

BJ-C said...

aw! take a trip, come visit us!

hagiblog said...

One day I shall embark on an around the world horror trip. I just don't know when that day will be but I can assure you it will be when it's really freaking cold up here for sure!

BJ-C said...

I live practically in Wisconsin. I'm on the border of Illinois and Wisconsin, but I'm on the lake. Lake effect SUCKS! So Chicago gets prettttty windy and cold. April should be okay though :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails